need help

I tinted an 08 x5 yesterday and now the air bag light is staying on...I have a call into the bmw dealer and am waiting for a call back but was wondering if anyone else had this problem.....my door tinter removed the connection t the air bag to remove the door panel....07's have the airbag system on the door these have them on the panel......everything is pluged in I think it just needs reset...any help out there?

Guest kmzeidler
I tinted an 08 x5 yesterday and now the air bag light is staying on...I have a call into the bmw dealer and am waiting for a call back but was wondering if anyone else had this problem.....my door tinter removed the connection t the air bag to remove the door panel....07's have the airbag system on the door these have them on the panel......everything is pluged in I think it just needs reset...any help out there?

You need to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery before you disconnect or reconnect anything that has anything to do with the air bag system. Usually wait 10 minutes before doing so after the batteries disconnected because they do have a backup battery type of system that will have a parasitic drain from between 10-30 minutes.

Most likely you need to have it plugged in to their scan tool to have it reset.

Guest TINTAMAN

NEVER EVER TURN KEY ON WHILE AN AIR BAG IS DISCONNECTED. AND I HOPE U R CHARGING $500USD TO REMOVE X5 DOOR PANELS AND TINT IT.

well it 93.00 to have the air bag light reset...I called the service advisor told him what happened and who I am and where I tint out of for my autos...he said he would take care of it....so I lucked out.....other than customer having to take his car in for service.....

live is a learing experience....live and learn.....

Archived