08 civic sdn

Guest nwcvc

ok so I had the suntek carbon series installed last nite

huge difference in the cars appearence

I like how it looks

except for the back glass

dont know if it was installed properly

I've got what looks like air bubble or jus simply moisture between the glass and the film

but I'm giving it a couple of days to completely dry

what do u all think ?

should I jus have it replaced or should I wait a couple of days

and how would I know for sure that I got the carbon series installed, even though thats what the guy told me he's installing

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

I like how it looks

I've got what looks like air bubble or jus simply moisture between the glass and the film

what do u all think ?

and how would I know for sure that I got the carbon series installed, even though thats what the guy told me he's installing

give it a good week to dry.

and you just have to trust your installer....how do you know you are getting real beef when you order a burger from burger king.?

Guest darkdan

I like how it looks

what do u all think ?

Are you talking about the matrix at the top of the coupe's back window?

Or just a little bubble somewhere in the middle that gives a fish eye appearance? That's water and it will dry.

ok guys, thanks for all the feedback thus far...

have another issue now though...all the water bubbles have disappeared, but now I'm looking at my rear windscreen and I'm seeing alot of scratches on the outside of the glass...well I know its from the installer using a razor blade to "clean" the outside of the glass before laying the tint to cut it....is this a normal procedure ? using a razor blade to clean the outside of the glass and leaving alot of scratches on the outside hoping that the tint would disguise the scratches on the outside of the glass

what do u all think ???

from far the car looks good with the tint but I'm noticing all these fine mistakes or errors that I'm not so sure about...I guess thats what I get for paying $160 to do get my car tinted :(

Typically all we do is hit the back glass with glass cleaner and wipe w/ soft cloth to clean it.... :eyebrows

Scratches on the outside of glass are VERY common.... I'll bet they were there before you got it tinted... but didn't notice them because the glass was clear.... now that it is backed with film they stand out more.....

I have never seen a tinter scraped the OUTSIDE of a back glass just as routine..... Now if you had said the scratch was a continuous line that 'outlined' the back glass I would be pointing the finger... but more than likely the glass was already scratched.....

Typically all we do is hit the back glass with glass cleaner and wipe w/ soft cloth to clean it.... :eyebrows

Scratches on the outside of glass are VERY common.... I'll bet they were there before you got it tinted... but didn't notice them because the glass was clear.... now that it is backed with film they stand out more.....

I have never seen a tinter scraped the OUTSIDE of a back glass just as routine..... Now if you had said the scratch was a continuous line that 'outlined' the back glass I would be pointing the finger... but more than likely the glass was already scratched.....

:lol2 :fdup

but its an 08 civic...I could understand a few scratches and I understand what your saying about scratches being visible after installing tint.....but I'm seeing ALOT of scratches throughout the entire outside of the rear windscreen...I believe it was caused by the installer "cleaning" the glass with a razor blade

Archived