safety tip for ladder work

:evilgrin Watch out for OSHA, they would shut you down faster then you can say squeegee.

OSHA??? whats dat ??

Did I mention this was a County administration building??? ( One commisioner personally thanked us for the great job we were doing, teveryone loved it)

We thought about the lift thing, but only had 2 foot access to the windows, with a lift we would have to reach out about 4 foot into the window pocket to slap the film on.

I forgot to take a pic of the other ladder, we only had one wood wedge, so I folded over a large piece of scrap carpet to build up one leg of the ladder,

the ladder only tried to kick out on me 2x :thumb

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:krazy Watch out for OSHA, they would shut you down faster then you can say squeegee.

OSHA??? whats dat ??

Did I mention this was a County administration building??? ( One commisioner personally thanked us for the great job we were doing, teveryone loved it)

We thought about the lift thing, but only had 2 foot access to the windows, with a lift we would have to reach out about 4 foot into the window pocket to slap the film on.

I forgot to take a pic of the other ladder, we only had one wood wedge, so I folded over a large piece of scrap carpet to build up one leg of the ladder,

the ladder only tried to kick out on me 2x :krazy

your a brave dude huh :krazy

Guest thatsnappyguy

I would never get that high on an extension ladder. tinting windows isnt worth risking my life. the only way I would do that is if there were places on the walls to tie the ladder to.

Guest tint whisperer

thinking about you guys on that ladder you have :thumb for brains. I have never asked an installer to go where it is unsafe - not even to "get the job done". That's great....you (probably the primary bread winner)risking your lives for $$ and are proud of it. OHSA has rules for reasons - they save lives. I'm not preachin (but I am), I would be sick knowing I'd have to call my lead installers wife and tell her her husband has fallen and is crippled for life. I am not a dolt either. I know my crews have completed some spectacular work but they follow ALL the rules :rollin or we walk away.

wow, I just looked at that pic... It sure looks like the top rung is being stood on.

I assure everyone, the ladder is extended to the low mullion of the top window.

NO WAY IM STANDING ON THE TOP RUNG, UH UH, NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

We tried using our 21ft LG , it only reached to the 4th window down, and that was resting the front legs on the sill pocket.

Until jetpacks become reality, ladder work in this bizness shall be required

wow, I just looked at that pic... It sure looks like the top rung is being stood on.

I assure everyone, the ladder is extended to the low mullion of the top window.

NO WAY IM STANDING ON THE TOP RUNG, UH UH, NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

We tried using our 21ft LG , it only reached to the 4th window down, and that was resting the front legs on the sill pocket.

Until jetpacks become reality, ladder work in this bizness shall be required

Oh ok, my bad then tintslut. Sure does look like your on the very top runge. That would be nuckin futs. More power to you for gettin the job done. Salute.

-SF

Guest metro jim

stepping on the top rung of an extentsion ladder is bad news

instantly out of business, or instanly dead

I fell off a ladder once doing somthing stupid like that, I would have been fine if I had a spotter backing up the ladder. I hurt for months. its not worth it for speed. use a scaffold for that, its not worth riding in a sip and puff chair for the rest of your life.

Archived