safety tip for ladder work

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also when working on hardwood floors or stained concrete I put some of that stuff you put on the bottom of the cabnits in the kitchen to put the dishes on top of. it will help to keep the feet from sliding

guy I used to work for had an extension ladder with a brace that held you off the wall and had an adjustable wingspan from 3 feet to 6 feet. You could hit sheet rock on either side of just about any size window. I felt as comfortable on that as I do on my LG

tintslut,

Your a crazy dude. Are you standing on the very top step of that ext. ladder, looks like it in that pic. You got some brass ones there my friend. Your tie off looks scarey as h@ll too with a piece of wedge wood and a bungee. There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity amigo, sorry. Hahaa it is funny though, got a laugh outta me. I think you really should have kicked out the 2-3 hundred bucks and rented a scissor lift, would have saved you hours of work. ??? In a way I can't talk, I stand on the very top of 12' A frame ladders all the time, but in my eyes its alot safer. Another thing, why the piece of wedge wood? That floor that far outta level?

:dunno Watch out for OSHA, they would shut you down faster then you can say squeegee.

-SF

Archived