Florida law question

Guest pimpedout97x

Guest pimpedout97x

few questions.

Ive seen before that in some states, window tint isn't a first offense, meaning they cant stop you and write you a citation JUST for tint.

they would have to stop you for a first offense (speeding, no seatbelt, whatever the case may be) then cite you for your tint as an additional ticket.

does anyone know for sure 100% if its a first offense in Florida or if it isn't?

next question-

ive heard of some people getting from eye doctors, scripts for tint if sun hurts their eyes, or on coming headlights, etc. and ive heard of it working when they get pulled over as well.

whats the deal on this? im prally just used to my tint, its been as dark as it is for almost 6 years, so when I drive other cars with no tint, it really does bother, and at night its even worse, traffic behind me with lights in my mirriors, and oncoming headlights. it really does make it very hard for me to drive as opposed to driving my car thats tinted. ive also had no wrecks since I started driving, and like I said my windows have been tinted very dark since I got my first car. the only accident I was in was when I was like just turning 16 and I was at a complete stop and could have sworn the light turned green and the guy in front took off, and I hit his back bumper, thats all. my driving record is 100% perfect no points on it what so ever.

contact your local legal and see what they say......

medical for "lights bother me" won't cut it for the most part....now some serious medical condition that makes it to where you can't be around bright lights MIGHT. I have one customer that has such a condition. Now will it allow you to get your side windows done? If the light bothers you then they might just tell you get some darker sunglasses....

Guest pimpedout97x

well I havent been bothered in 6 years. ive have TWO tickets for tint in 6 years, the 2nd being a week ago. and I just got told something about it today by another state trooper. (2nd ticket was a state trooper as well)

ever since I started my new job where I have to take the interstate to work, im getting hassled now.

the city cops dont really care though, which is why ive never had but 1 ticket in 6 years from them, now state troopers are hassling me constantly.

Guest tintmanlibby
My brother-inlaw is a police officer, and according to him they can pull you over for tint now if they want ( its called probable cause). Check you out for tint and then check you out for what ever else!

bingo my sister work's for the housing attority and they give all the employ's there tint meter's (for probible cause search's

contact your local legal and see what they say......

medical for "lights bother me" won't cut it for the most part....now some serious medical condition that makes it to where you can't be around bright lights MIGHT. I have one customer that has such a condition. Now will it allow you to get your side windows done? If the light bothers you then they might just tell you get some darker sunglasses....

a friend of mine has a medical exemption for her skin. She still gets pulled over regularly but they don't ticket her because she carries her med form wih her

Guest filmslayer
My brother-inlaw is a police officer, and according to him they can pull you over for tint now if they want ( its called probable cause). Check you out for tint and then check you out for what ever else!

bingo my sister work's for the housing attority and they give all the employ's there tint meter's (for probible cause search's

There is a lot of turth to that,as libby said they give their employees meter's,without the meter proving it is !llegal it is inadmissable in court and every thing they find cause of such stop is also....Key being don't drive around with !llegal film....

Guest fredstinting
few questions.

Ive seen before that in some states, window tint isn't a first offense, meaning they cant stop you and write you a citation JUST for tint.

they would have to stop you for a first offense (speeding, no seatbelt, whatever the case may be) then cite you for your tint as an additional ticket.

does anyone know for sure 100% if its a first offense in Florida or if it isn't?

next question-

ive heard of some people getting from eye doctors, scripts for tint if sun hurts their eyes, or on coming headlights, etc. and ive heard of it working when they get pulled over as well.

whats the deal on this? im prally just used to my tint, its been as dark as it is for almost 6 years, so when I drive other cars with no tint, it really does bother, and at night its even worse, traffic behind me with lights in my mirriors, and oncoming headlights. it really does make it very hard for me to drive as opposed to driving my car thats tinted. ive also had no wrecks since I started driving, and like I said my windows have been tinted very dark since I got my first car. the only accident I was in was when I was like just turning 16 and I was at a complete stop and could have sworn the light turned green and the guy in front took off, and I hit his back bumper, thats all. my driving record is 100% perfect no points on it what so ever.

back in the day yes it is true that you can get a scipts from your doctor but you better have it always on you if they stop you . but as you know people con there doctors to write them cause they are friends or family and now I think you just get a ticket .

nodonk1-1.jpg

Guest tint phantom

Yes, they can stop you for dark tint, just like not using seat belts. I call it profiling, and legal embezzling because the local state government did'nt get there aloted u.s. government money like they thought they would, so they get it from us, the tax payer'sCARTMAN.gifScew em every chance you get!

Archived