What tint is equal to Lexus RX300?

Guest gvmelbrty

Guest gvmelbrty

hi tintmiesters,

I really like the look of the factory tint I see on Lexus RX300's. It's sorta see-through metalic w/ a greenish-silverish hue.

Does anyone know which tint material is the same as (or close to) this so I can have it applied to my car?

Thsx, tom

Guest Olfablade

There isn't really an aftermarket film with the same appearance as the factory coated windows on the RX300 or LX470's. Thankfully Lexus has dropped the metallic look for the non reflective darker tint on the RX330!

Guest gvmelbrty

Thxs for the info.

I'm possibly moving to the west Texas desert and I guess what I really want is a tint that will give *maximum* heat rejection (with some privacy). I've always assumed those darker tints tend to absorb and then transfer the heat to the inside, with reflective film doing the opposite.

Can anyone recommend the best quality tint for max heat rejection (with some privacy, but that still allows good visibility at night)? Sorry, I don't know very much about tint film, so I may be asking for too much.

-tom

Guest gvmelbrty

Ok, now let's say it's time to get the tint installed. I just looked in my Yellow Pages and there are about 40 shops listed (I love this country :)!)

What questions should I ask over the phone that will help me narrow-down the field?

Then, let's say I visit the final three, what should I be looking for when I get there?

What a great resourse this site is - thxs in advance!

-tom

Archived