New shrinking technique

Guest S and S

That is some cool shiznet!!!!!!!! IF I EVER get a bug I will try it....tried it on a cavalier but that was the first attempt at the lift and pull technique ya'll talk about and it did not go good!! :rollin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Braud Spectrum

:mrgreen: :shock It works! I have a 93 Caprice Classic in here this morning. It's an old police car. I used to do them for the City so I know the rear is a pain. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to test this new method out. I am using 36 inch so not much to spare as far as pulling but where I couldn't pull I laid my forearm on the film and pushed it to stretch it out as I heated. Hee hee. It's on there all shrunk now. The only places left I had fingers after I cut the top and bottom were really small and easily removed.

as a side note...I learned to heat shrink over the phone many years ago when the very first Dodge Stealth (Mitsubishi 3000) came out. I was thrilled when it actually worked on those horrid side windows. Couple weeks later my friend and fellow tint shop owner at another shop calls me and asks in a strained voice..."...you done a Dodge Stealth?" "Yep", I says. Be there in a minute to show ya.."

Hey! Where's all the hair on my arms!!! They're bald! :rollin

Tintdude, im helping out a another store with shrinking a bug next week.

They are having problems with a lot of puckers. Can you tell me approx amount of puckers with that method. 

p.s Ive never done a new bug. Dont know why there are asking me.

once installed I had two tiny puckers, but no creases etc. the puckers layed right down too, didn't have to cut them or anything.

Guest TintMiester

4 years ago, when I quit the tint shop that I originally worked at, they hired a tinter to replace me, and while his overall quality wasn't quite up to snuff, he was using this method to shrink rear windows... I messed with one car last week using this, and it went pretty good, so I think I'll keep on x-perimenting with that method now..

Just when you think you have figured it all out.... You havn't. ahha. :rollin

Guest atypicaldave

This style of heat forming was shown by a guy from Arizona at the SEMA 3 or 4 years ago while I was visiting the LLumar booth. Called the Sepulveda method after the man who originally came up with it.

It is cool!

Archived