2004 freestar

Guest Zrok

the front doors on these things SUCK ...the panel SHOULD come off.....maybe on the next one...:rollin the panel sits up like 4" higher than the bottom rubber on the inside, and the panel is about an inch and a half away from the glass....tricky as hell to tint without takin off the panels OH and tape don't stick to the felt either :beach:rollin

Zrok, I did one the other day 04 Freestar, As soon as I saw the door panel I new it had to come off. Easiest panel to come off. If I remember correctly about 7 to 8 screws panel lifts right up, no annoying clips to break. Remove plastic around door handle it snaps out, top corner by mirror pop out the litlle panel 1 screw behind it, 2 screws in the doorwhere you grab to close they are in plain view, 1 screw in left sde of panel, 2 7mm buttom of panel, window switch pops out and 1 screw there.about 20 seconds to remove the panel.

Guest Dentless Dave
Zrok, I did one the other day 04 Freestar, As soon as I saw the door panel I new it had to come off. Easiest panel to come off. If I remember correctly about 7 to 8 screws panel lifts right up, no annoying clips to break. Remove plastic around door handle it snaps out, top corner by mirror pop out the litlle panel 1 screw behind it, 2 screws in the doorwhere you grab to close they are in plain view, 1 screw in left sde of panel, 2 7mm buttom of panel, window switch pops out and 1 screw there.about 20 seconds to remove the panel.

I've found that if you'll just take the two top screws out, the panel will flex back, leaving the window moulding open to get a tool in there to seal it off.

this will save a little more time.

dave.

Archived