Best way to find quaility installers

Guest greg1234

Why not just list the cities where you are looking for contacts. Most of us have our location in our profile so you could look there too. 3M has an installer list as do most of the design houses like Xpel and Proform. When I need to find someone, I punch in a zip code on the Xpel site and look for the company with the most experience.

As long as you are not selling the kits to the customer and hooking them up with the installer you shouldn't have too much trouble finding help, most of us won't install "ebay" kits.

The way I plan on doing it is selling the kits to my cusotmer, mostly "Dealerships" then bring in installers myself to get the installs done when Im not able to. Basically contracting some of my installs out, I dont see a problem with that.

The problem with that is that it has been tried many many many times before around the world and has failed on each and every occassion.

Why is not hard to work out, why would the quality guys participate in such a programme, when you are selling product into their areas with outlets they may have or desire to have relationships with, then work for you on reduced margins. The hatchet guys of course who suck at doing PPF wont care of course, but your customers will (as will you) ultimately this kind of excercise is doomed to fail because no quality businessman will commit suicide by doing work he would likely get anyhow for significantly lower margins then he would otherwise get.

It was never tried I believe in the Tint side of the business for just these sorts of reasons, why anyone inn PPF would try to re-invent this particular wheel again and again bemuse me.

Cheers

Why not just list the cities where you are looking for contacts. Most of us have our location in our profile so you could look there too. 3M has an installer list as do most of the design houses like Xpel and Proform. When I need to find someone, I punch in a zip code on the Xpel site and look for the company with the most experience.

As long as you are not selling the kits to the customer and hooking them up with the installer you shouldn't have too much trouble finding help, most of us won't install "ebay" kits.

The way I plan on doing it is selling the kits to my cusotmer, mostly "Dealerships" then bring in installers myself to get the installs done when Im not able to. Basically contracting some of my installs out, I dont see a problem with that.

The problem with that is that it has been tried many many many times before around the world and has failed on each and every occassion.

Why is not hard to work out, why would the quality guys participate in such a programme, when you are selling product into their areas with outlets they may have or desire to have relationships with, then work for you on reduced margins. The hatchet guys of course who suck at doing PPF wont care of course, but your customers will (as will you) ultimately this kind of excercise is doomed to fail because no quality businessman will commit suicide by doing work he would likely get anyhow for significantly lower margins then he would otherwise get.

It was never tried I believe in the Tint side of the business for just these sorts of reasons, why anyone inn PPF would try to re-invent this particular wheel again and again bemuse me.

Cheers

I agree. Not only that, if you are doing dealer work, and you have material there, you would have to trust your newly hired installer isn't going to steal from you by doing side work. Is it just you who is doing the work now? A dealership couldn't possibly want every car on the lot done. They may choose 10 or so to get done at a time, and after the guy you hired is done, you carry the headache of possible bad work that you will now have to fix, and possibly get a bad rep. :drevil

Archived