Front Small Quarters

I have been seeing Toyota Prius and Honda Civics tinted at dealerships and they don't tint the tiny front quarters in front of the front doors. I have always tinted them and just wondered why you guys at the dealerships don't. Or if it is just some dealerships or all. I don't think I have seen one from another shop that they weren't tinted

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest toyotaman78
I have been seeing Toyota Prius and Honda Civics tinted at dealerships and they don't tint the tiny front quarters in front of the front doors. I have always tinted them and just wondered why you guys at the dealerships don't. Or if it is just some dealerships or all. I don't think I have seen one from another shop that they weren't tinted

I work at a toyota dealership in dallas and I used to untill about 2 months ago. We had a customer that had come in after getting a ticket in Irving claiming that if it is in front of the door and not attached, then it is part of the windshield and is !llegal. So to eliminate anything else like that I just don't tint them. It's kind of like in texas you can pass the state inspection with 20% on your front two doors because that is the law according to the DPS, but you will get a ticket if you get pulled over and metered. Because I guess DPS laws and state laws are different.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

thats bs. It is clearly not part of the windshield, but thanks for the info! I would've tinted it and told the custy it's legal. So like on a new eclipse it would be ok since the glass opens with the front door?

Another thing thats crap is pt cruizers and hhrs would have !llegal factory tint, but they aren't classified as "passenger cars" so that makes it ok to have that dark tint on the back.

Well that's a new one. We used to do a Lexus dealership and we tinted the tiny front quarters on all of the older body style RXs and never had a problem. That is something that could be fought cause there is no precedent set. But I am sure the cop was just being a pain in arse and is probably tougher to fight something like that then it is to just go back to the dealership and have them remove it.

Too much gray area in these laws

Guest filmslayer

It has to do with how the law is wrote ,if the window is before or after the A-piler.And bs or not Kokomo I know for a fact in florida if it is attached in a fixed possition in front of A-piler it is illeagal to tint ,I've done the research ..... :thumb

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
Some staes it's illeagal , if there not part of the door they are considerd part of the windshield (A piler)... I've always done them though....
It has to do with how the law is wrote ,if the window is before or after the A-piler.And bs or not Kokomo I know for a fact in florida if it is attached in a fixed possition in front of A-piler it is illeagal to tint ,I've done the research ..... :thumb

:thumb:thumb

Archived