automotive film to residential storm door?

Guest OnTheDarkside

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mr3y1956

It would serve the customer better if you installed a good FG film. It will perform better and last longer.

Most storm doors are tempered, so technically speaking you can put duck tape on it if you want.

Guest tintmanlibby
Believe it or not, Madico approves CH 35/20 for FG use, even though its an automotive film. I looks great on a house, but yeilds very little heat rejection...I don't use it for FG, but another company in Houston does.

is that for single or dual ?

Guest General Sun Shield
No expert here but I have installed dark nr films on sp lites many times without any problem. Sometimes its faulty glass. If the glass edge is smooth and chip free,glass will not

normally fail.However any additional stress to glass with poor edges may cause it to break with or without film installed.

Glass with edges chipped can loose up to 50% of it's normal strength. Obviosuly,glass with bad edges should not have been installed in the first place. Since you can not see the edges its a chance you take.

There was a report done years ago about glass breakage due to film "the Pittsburg Plate Glass Tech Service Report 101.

It stated that the potential for glass breakage in new film installations is 8/10 of 1%. So 8 out of every 1000 lites could break.

:lol2

myth buster's :lol2

Yeah, all the film manny's do not approve auto film for fg we know this..Id cover my azz if I was them also..but years ago take a look at the film that was installed.

In the 60s film had no adhesive or liner for that matter,,real thin. The Adhesive had to be sprayed on the window "liquid adhesive" and most of these films were Non Reflective Dyed films.

Todays film is GREAT with all the advancements in ceramics and so on ,but in the old days NR was installed alot...with few problems on glass the size of a storm door.

Believe it or not, Madico approves CH 35/20 for FG use, even though its an automotive film. I looks great on a house, but yeilds very little heat rejection...I don't use it for FG, but another company in Houston does.

is that for single or dual ?

Dual pane. Yup.

Archived