Huper?

Huper Optik refered me an 09 Acura TL. They refer jobs to us often from their website which is more than I can say for any other distributor or manufacturer. The customer called and got prices and information then I didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks. Then he called and said that he saw a Huper display at the dealership and they were more expensive then us but that they would finance it in with the car.

He was calling us again because they would not give him a warranty card and he knew that he should get one with Huper. I emailed him photos of the warranty card so he knew what they were supposed to look like and he went back to the dealership and apparently they called the "mobile tinter" that did the job and he said next time he showed up he would bring the card. But he had another problem that he felt that Huper wasn't actually installed on his car because it didn't look like the samples he had seen. I told him that it doesn't always look the same on the car as it does on a sample but he could bring it by the shop and I would give him my opinion. As I saw him pull in the parking lot I could tell already that it wasn't Ceramic 30%. Upon further inspection the film had a blue hue to it which Ceramic 30% percent does not. So I put the ole light meter on it and it tested out to 28% when it should be closer to 20%. I told him in my opinion everything pointed to it not being Ceramic 30%. The tint job itself look like crap but I didn't want to tell him that although he did notice the two doors that were slightly short on the bottom but did not notice all of the dirt.

So he said he called the dealership and they swore up and down that they installed Ceramic 30% and he couldn't get much further than that. Then a couple days later he received a call from "customer service" who was probably the front receptionist and they were very sorry that the wrong film was installed and that they would send his car to a shop to get it redone with the right stuff. He tried to get them to pay us to do it but they refused and sent it to a shop that I am sure at one time probably did their cars and could get "whole sale" pricing and get the car picked up of which I do neither. The only thing I will do for dealerships is give them 10% of retail and they have to bring it. I haven't seen the car since the redo but I know the shop and they are better than the job I saw on the car in the first place.

Sucks we didn't get the job but I know we have him as a customer for life and he will refer us. Huper always takes care of us too so it was worth it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bad thing for the customer is if he financed it in with the car, he was paying so the dealership should have paid whoever he wanted to install the film and at whatever price. The customer should have been more adamant and demanded his choice of installers :dunno

The truth is the dealer probably got the mobile $99 hack job and charged the customer $499

The bad thing for the customer is if he financed it in with the car, he was paying so the dealership should have paid whoever he wanted to install the film. The customer should have been more adamant and demanded his choice of installers twocents.gif

Yeah I would have told him that but the last time I talked to him was I after I emailed him cause I hadn't heard from him in a week. At that point he had already had it redone so it was too late. But I am sure he will come to me from now on and thankfully he is not soured on Huper Optik. I plan on emailing him next summer to see how he likes the Ceramic 30% in the middle of a Texas summer.

Guest vclimber

Bait -n- switch is common. Not that a customer will always get to see it but HO usually has a stamped liner for authenticity. The warranty card is another dead giveaway...

If it continues to be a problem, tell HO they may send out a cease and desist? :dunno

im using llumar and vista films and the shop 1/2 mile down the road is using llumar. I have seen many of their cars 99$. and yes u get what u pay for. I will pick their work apart and explain how I do my work. the customer will spend dubble the money to have the work done right that 4 door car is 179$ with a s/s and 100$ for removal, done 2 of their cars and 1 p/u. the 4 peice rear glass, a 1/4' tint line around the locking hardware, and tint lines all around the fram charged him 75$ r&r the rear only, and 1min removing the locking hardware. and I hate tint lines. if I cant hide them I'll shave them. another happy customer. pro tint work is allways recognized. we all earn our bragging rights.

Would it be worth it to email him and see if he got the Warranty card on the redo ?

Maybe he could swing by the shop next time he is in the area and could let you take a look at it and see if the right film was put on the second time.

What would you guess was put on the first time ?

Bait -n- switch is common. Not that a customer will always get to see it but HO usually has a stamped liner for authenticity. The warranty card is another dead giveaway...

If it continues to be a problem, tell HO they may send out a cease and desist? dunno.gif

I have informed Huper of the whole situation but I have no idea if they were taking any action. The shop that the dealership used to use is a Huper dealer so I am sure that is why they have the display in their showroom and that is where they sent it for the redo. They started using this mobile tinter at one point (if I was so bold as to guess) because he is a lot cheaper. And you could extrapolate from that that he just told them that he carried Huper too. Obviously going cheaper bit them in arse.

Would it be worth it to email him and see if he got the Warranty card on the redo ?

Maybe he could swing by the shop next time he is in the area and could let you take a look at it and see if the right film was put on the second time.

What would you guess was put on the first time ?

He was supposed to come back by the shop to let me take a gander at it. I will probably have to e-mail him again and ask him how the film is working out. I know the shop that did it this time and they have a little more integrity. He has photos that I sent him of a warranty card so he should have the proper warranty now. But I would like to see how it came out this time. The first time I think it looked like a Llumar product but the only Llumar products I have used in a couple of years is Platinum Plus and Bronze. The reason why I think this is the film had a orange peel kind of finish to it (which is the reason why I don't use Llumar). But it had a blue hue to it. :dunno

Guest tintmanlibby
Huper Optik refered me an 09 Acura TL. They refer jobs to us often from their website which is more than I can say for any other distributor or manufacturer. The customer called and got prices and information then I didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks. Then he called and said that he saw a Huper display at the dealership and they were more expensive then us but that they would finance it in with the car.

He was calling us again because they would not give him a warranty card and he knew that he should get one with Huper. I emailed him photos of the warranty card so he knew what they were supposed to look like and he went back to the dealership and apparently they called the "mobile tinter" that did the job and he said next time he showed up he would bring the card. But he had another problem that he felt that Huper wasn't actually installed on his car because it didn't look like the samples he had seen. I told him that it doesn't always look the same on the car as it does on a sample but he could bring it by the shop and I would give him my opinion. As I saw him pull in the parking lot I could tell already that it wasn't Ceramic 30%. Upon further inspection the film had a blue hue to it which Ceramic 30% percent does not. So I put the ole light meter on it and it tested out to 28% when it should be closer to 20%. I told him in my opinion everything pointed to it not being Ceramic 30%. The tint job itself look like crap but I didn't want to tell him that although he did notice the two doors that were slightly short on the bottom but did not notice all of the dirt.

So he said he called the dealership and they swore up and down that they installed Ceramic 30% and he couldn't get much further than that. Then a couple days later he received a call from "customer service" who was probably the front receptionist and they were very sorry that the wrong film was installed and that they would send his car to a shop to get it redone with the right stuff. He tried to get them to pay us to do it but they refused and sent it to a shop that I am sure at one time probably did their cars and could get "whole sale" pricing and get the car picked up of which I do neither. The only thing I will do for dealerships is give them 10% of retail and they have to bring it. I haven't seen the car since the redo but I know the shop and they are better than the job I saw on the car in the first place.

Sucks we didn't get the job but I know we have him as a customer for life and he will refer us. Huper always takes care of us too so it was worth it.

call harry or gary clark ,that's some real bs .ive delt with a local hack like this before

Archived