Huper?

Guest tintmanlibby
Bait -n- switch is common. Not that a customer will always get to see it but HO usually has a stamped liner for authenticity. The warranty card is another dead giveaway...

If it continues to be a problem, tell HO they may send out a cease and desist? dunno.gif

I have informed Huper of the whole situation but I have no idea if they were taking any action. The shop that the dealership used to use is a Huper dealer so I am sure that is why they have the display in their showroom and that is where they sent it for the redo. They started using this mobile tinter at one point (if I was so bold as to guess) because he is a lot cheaper. And you could extrapolate from that that he just told them that he carried Huper too. Obviously going cheaper bit them in arse.

Would it be worth it to email him and see if he got the Warranty card on the redo ?

Maybe he could swing by the shop next time he is in the area and could let you take a look at it and see if the right film was put on the second time.

What would you guess was put on the first time ?

He was supposed to come back by the shop to let me take a gander at it. I will probably have to e-mail him again and ask him how the film is working out. I know the shop that did it this time and they have a little more integrity. He has photos that I sent him of a warranty card so he should have the proper warranty now. But I would like to see how it came out this time. The first time I think it looked like a Llumar product but the only Llumar products I have used in a couple of years is Platinum Plus and Bronze. The reason why I think this is the film had a orange peel kind of finish to it (which is the reason why I don't use Llumar). But it had a blue hue to it. :lol2

blue hue sound's like suntek , :lol2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bait -n- switch is common. Not that a customer will always get to see it but HO usually has a stamped liner for authenticity. The warranty card is another dead giveaway...

If it continues to be a problem, tell HO they may send out a cease and desist? dunno.gif

I have informed Huper of the whole situation but I have no idea if they were taking any action. The shop that the dealership used to use is a Huper dealer so I am sure that is why they have the display in their showroom and that is where they sent it for the redo. They started using this mobile tinter at one point (if I was so bold as to guess) because he is a lot cheaper. And you could extrapolate from that that he just told them that he carried Huper too. Obviously going cheaper bit them in arse.

Would it be worth it to email him and see if he got the Warranty card on the redo ?

Maybe he could swing by the shop next time he is in the area and could let you take a look at it and see if the right film was put on the second time.

He was supposed to come back by the shop to let me take a gander at it. I will probably have to e-mail him again and ask him how the film is working out. I know the shop that did it this time and they have a little more integrity. He has photos that I sent him of a warranty card so he should have the proper warranty now. But I would like to see how it came out this time. The first time I think it looked like a Llumar product but the only Llumar products I have used in a couple of years is Platinum Plus and Bronze. The reason why I think this is the film had a orange peel kind of finish to it (which is the reason why I don't use Llumar). But it had a blue hue to it. :lol2

ST has more of a greenish hue, sounds like that wincos film to me

Guest tintmanlibby

everone say's that about st there hp look's blue to me ,and madico look's green :) ,but im almost positive lulu isnt blue

Guest tintgod

He was supposed to come back by the shop to let me take a gander at it. I will probably have to e-mail him again and ask him how the film is working out. I know the shop that did it this time and they have a little more integrity. He has photos that I sent him of a warranty card so he should have the proper warranty now. But I would like to see how it came out this time. The first time I think it looked like a Llumar product but the only Llumar products I have used in a couple of years is Platinum Plus and Bronze. The reason why I think this is the film had a orange peel kind of finish to it (which is the reason why I don't use Llumar). But it had a blue hue to it. :)

:lol2

It may have not been Llumar, it's been a long time since I used much Llumar, but I carry Wincos and I know that wasn't it. Wincos is almost a cross between green and blue depending on how you are looking at it. It was bluer than that almost like Onyx but I carry that too and it wasn't smooth like Onyx.

Guest tintmanlibby
It may have not been Llumar, it's been a long time since I used much Llumar, but I carry Wincos and I know that wasn't it. Wincos is almost a cross between green and blue depending on how you are looking at it. It was bluer than that almost like Onyx but I carry that too and it wasn't smooth like Onyx.

I talked to harry on friday about your situation.harry said theyve already had a problem with this guy ,here come's the calvery

Truth be known, the dealer was most likely aware of the switcheroo. They probably chose the guy just because he was cheaper and probably knew full wel that he was not going to use Huper. The tinter may not have been at fault, he may have put on exactly what he told the dealer he would. My gut tells me that the dealer is hack, it could be both but my gut says the dealer holds the responsibility here

Guest tintgod

I talked to harry on friday about your situation.harry said theyve already had a problem with this guy ,here come's the calvery

nobody likes a narc :dunno

Archived