Tint =Squeaking Window

My Wife has had her car just at a year, bought it new.

Just the other day, she mentioned the drivers window squeaks when raised and lowered.

She takes it to the Dealer for the routince service and to have the squeaking window checked and the service advisor is trying to tell her it is because of the film.

They will check it out when she brings it back on Wed since they were all booked up that day.

Interesting he blames the film though.

tell them that IF they think it is the FILM then you will be more than happy to remove it for them to prove it isn't! When they jump at it then tell them that when it does not help their issue you will be more than happy to retint that window and any others that do not match the new film, AT THEIR COST!!

I will never buy a new car again as the warranty is worth less than the paper it is printed on....

tell them that IF they think it is the FILM then you will be more than happy to remove it for them to prove it isn't! When they jump at it then tell them that when it does not help their issue you will be more than happy to retint that window and any others that do not match the new film, AT THEIR COST!!

I will never buy a new car again as the warranty is worth less than the paper it is printed on....

Bingo! :evilgrin

If film is removed and any adhesive is left in the gasket channels , it will catch and squeak. Doesn't sound like that's your issue but while we're on the subject of squeaky windows.

Hope all goes well with the dealership! I hate when they push you away like that

:thumb:evilgrin

Guest maddtinter

:lol6:lol6

On a Honda Pilot and Lexus RX model I have experienced felt coming the very top lip of the window guide.When this happened it would cause the the felt to peel down when rolling the window down.It would make a squeeking sound when the rubber rubs the film.Both of these jobs were done recently.I am paying more attention to the prep work at the bottom of roll downs not to damage the felt or use my tools to much in between the felt and the film.

Guest Sprinter

:eye:dunno

On a Honda Pilot and Lexus RX model I have experienced felt coming the very top lip of the window guide.When this happened it would cause the the felt to peel down when rolling the window down.It would make a squeeking sound when the rubber rubs the film.Both of these jobs were done recently.I am paying more attention to the prep work at the bottom of roll downs not to damage the felt or use my tools to much in between the felt and the film.

I had that happen when I replaced the film on the front two windows the felt would peel down when the window was 1/2 way down and make the window go real slow I had to go back out and fix the problem by pulling on the door panel to give it some room so it would'nt touch the glass. the top of the felt was wore down and grabbing on the expossed rubber and they were blaming it on the tint.

Archived