mobile tinters!!!

Guest craig.tobin

Guest craig.tobin

Mobile tinters... what do you use for protection from wind,dust, contamination etc??

I understand some or maybe even most dealerships or places that require their cars to be tinted may provide a workspace , but what if there is none??

do people use pop tents, gazebos?

Obviously an enclosed unit/workshop would be n ideal environment to prevent contamination etc....I have set up a large tent in my back garden so as can be expected its cold and very drafty, can anyone offer any tips or advice to help reduce contamination?

I am just getting into tinting now forgive me if it comes across as a daft question :):)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mobile tinters... what do you use for protection from wind,dust, contamination etc??

I understand some or maybe even most dealerships or places that require their cars to be tinted may provide a workspace , but what if there is none??

Obviously an enclosed unit/workshop would be n ideal environment to prevent contamination etc....I have set up a large tent in my back garden so as can be expected its cold and very drafty, can anyone offer any tips or advice to help reduce contamination?

I am just getting into tinting now forgive me if it comes across as a daft question :):)

Honestly ..that's something your going to have to do the best you can with what you got until you get a better place to tint! Only thing I can think of is to tint with the doors almost closed and I don't have a suggestion what you would do for the back window except to have great timing! Time it when the wind settles down peel and install! Chances are it's going to get you a few times! Good luck!

im semi mobile now , if people cant come to me il come to them , I prefer a garage I can open all 4 doors in but sometimes the customer does not have that, if I have to do it outside il let them know it may get some dust in the job but its the best I can do for the conditions.

film gets picked up by the wind crazier than newspaper , back windows suck the most if doing a job outside, the last car I had to do outside I reverse rolled the back glass and it was a relatively clean install.

but if you can avoid doing it outside then avoid it , you will screw film up when the wind catches it and it only has to be the slightest breeze.

one day I will invest in a shop but untill funds allow for that il have to be mobile and keep doing it how I do it.

Yes I drive around towing a gazebo. WTF? :)

Guest tintdude1982

tape the corners down on the back glass, heat shrink it, spray and wipe the film on the back glass b4 u roll it up and most of all tint quickly you can do pretty clean installs if timed properly but itll never be as good as a clean car in a work bay . hope I helped :)

All I do is mobile tint...no garage=no tint. Most of the time the customer will find a garage that works. If they were a referral from a dealer, the dealer will let me use an open rack for the install. Sometimes I'll do it at their work. So that means I've done cars at a fire department, police department, corporate yard, CHP garage, movie studio (OK Lucas' ILM is not a true movie studio, but pretty close!) . I demand a garage to get as good an install as possible and I won't back down!

I have tinted mobile for 23 years. I have always demanded an inside location. However I am looking into this website and will probably purchase their pop up shelter when the summer gets going and business picks up here.

FastShelter

:krazy

Guest Texstar
I have tinted mobile for 23 years. I have always demanded an inside location. However I am looking into this website and will probably purchase their pop up shelter when the summer gets going and business picks up here.

FastShelter

:dunno

:lol2 We have one of thse blow up shelters but a different brand, I will try and find a link :krazy

Archived