computercut and graphtec need help

watchdaride

Got a graphtec to borrrow while my plotter is getting repaired. I am using computercut and graphtec ce5ooo . I cant get it to work through com1 port. When I hook it to sign program it cuts okay from usb port. Computercut says it the cable but it works fine on my old anagraph . I have the graphtec on hpgl 9600 baute - none parity -- data bits 8 ---- 1 stop drill ---- handshake xon/xoff . Any info would be appreciated ? I would like talk to on the phone if you could pm your ph# . Tech help keeps blaming equipment ?

Hi there, I'm the rep for Solargard in Canada.

Your plotter may not read the cutting program via Com 1 necessarily.

Go to System under your Start menu, click on system, then hardware, then device manager.....

Under device manager you see what com or port is reading the plotter....

Give that a shot.

this was a problem I had and was advised that I needed a different cable, went to radio shak and picked up a "usb to serail" and works great with the two computers. I got a desk top for th shop and lap top for mobile editing. would of never thought it but this is true it does matter. they are different "who woulda thought a cable would make it speak a different laguage"

this was a problem I had and was advised that I needed a different cable, went to radio shak and picked up a "usb to serail" and works great with the two computers. I got a desk top for th shop and lap top for mobile editing. would of never thought it but this is true it does matter. they are different "who woulda thought a cable would make it speak a different laguage"

the problem is computercut I need to use the serial output from the computer because there program wont use a usb output. Do you use the com1 serial output then convert it to usb at the computer ?

the problem is computercut I need to use the serial output from the computer because there program wont use a usb output. Do you use the com1 serial output then convert it to usb at the computer ?

You will need a USB to serial port converter as well. Sorry I assumed you had that already.

Follow the instructions I laid out with regards to the COM1 and you should be fine. I have installed these things all over Canada and it could be com 1 2 3 or 4. I have yet to figure that part out as to why.

Archived