Korrey from Las Vegas

Guest Korrey

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rollin
hows busines is vegas ? is there alot of tint shops ?

There are many shops in Vegas. unfortunately a bunch are going out of business.

and that's a bad thing? :gasp

Yes sir its bad to see any business that folds. The reason I say that is competition keeps the playing field fair. it keeps prices competitive, keeps us all on our toes. I would not mind being the only one in business out here. In reality though I learned a long time ago there is enough business out there for all of us. :drevil

Hey all I am Korrey from Las Vegas and have been tinting about half of my life. Done about everything there is to do in tinting. examples.. cars, homes, businesses, safety film, clear bras, whatever if its even close to tint I have probly have attempted it.. Great site here. :woowoo

Hi Korrey. Are you still around? I'm just starting a residential tint business, and TintDude. At least I'm getting ramped up to start the biz on week ends until business really starts. I took a tip from "What Color is your Parachute" on starting a small business. Then I "cold called" a guy around 70 miles away from me here in LV and approached him to give me training as part of doing my own home with mentorship and partnering with him or his daughter, also in the business, on jobs that I get to gain experience. I may have struck gold as he has been doing all film applications for around 28 years as we settled on a fee that included my film wholesale and enough to do another job once licensed.

That said, I'd like to ask you something as another seasoned professional... What should I insist on for training/support besides just "doing it?"

Thanks for any advice on this.

Guest lindak

Hey Korrey,

Have you removed the underlayer of flat glass tint? I pulled the top layer off as anyone without knowledge would, then asked for advise about the stubborn underlayer. With that advice I "sweated" the underlayer with water and simple green under plastic wrap, and worked HARD to remove with glass blade. Should I try paint thinner or acetone as a better removal solvent? Something else? I'd appreciate your expertise. Thanks.

Linda

Archived