credit card processor

Guest maddtinter

It definately is too much BS.I could only wish that I could accept only cash.Unfortunately,I can't.We have contracts with fleet companys and government agencies.They only pay with credit.I do remember I did about 10 cars for the Border Patrol 15 years ago and they paid with new printed Benjamin's.That was cool.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
paypal merchant

that is what I use...they take like 3% of so..and that is it..you can then transfer into your business banking account at no fee..you can even sent invoices through paypal at no charge.

Guest GreenCove
Can someone recommend an honest credit card processor. My bank talked me into theres with a low discount rate of 1.9% . I have been looking over the last 3 months statements and they have add on fees for everything and 70% of my credit cards are called mid qualified and paying 2.9% . I dont trust banks anyway they are crooks . Any recommendations would be great. I am in central forida.

I shopped around a little and have been using united bank card I do pay $75 a year but that is just for warranty on the machine Im sure there are better deals out there somewhere but at the time they had the better rates than the others I checked I take everything but amer.exp.

Trying the credit card processing through Sams club . Rates are a lot lower but I have heard that story before when I get the bill. I have been getting screwed big time from Suntrust on the fees. I will keep informed on the true cost.

thats why I don't take them, cash only that also keeps uncle sam from knowing, but haven't had any problems in 8 years with the cash only policy

I'm surprised you can survive on cash only. Then again, I'm sure a lot of the population in cali doesn't have necessarily legitimate money. Around here probably 80% of my jobs are CC. I pay 1.7 flat fee on all transactions except amex

I'm in NC, but there is a gas station right next to me so I send them to the atm over there

:lol2 Like OCC I don't take credit cards! I except cash and checks and I tell our customers upfront I don't have a credit card machine and they go next door to the atm and bring me back cash! I've been doing this over a year and I don't have to worry about fees or waiting a few days for my money! I haven't had any problems so far and I will admit from time to time it's alittle awkward when that's all they have and they have to go to the atm but to me it's been easier to balance my checkbook and keep track of all my money!

if you accept checks there is always that chance of it being bad. if you take cards they usually use their debit versus writing a check.

over 60% of our sales go through our credit card machine

I haven't had any bad checks in a while, but your right there is a chance of getting that and I take precaution by only excepting them with 2 forms of id and a telephone# so I'll have some way to go after them if they give me a bad check!

I have been in business for 14 years and I don't accept credit cards. When I first opened I did but I got screwed by a customer and the credit card company. I was renting my third bay to a car stereo business and when I tinted my customers car she also had a stereo installed and wanted to pay with a credit card so I accepted the card for both charges and then paid the guys renting from me in cash. The customer filed a claim and said she did not authorize charges. It has been about 10 years ago and I don't remember the details but Long story short the credit card company took the money back out of my account. I did not know but evidently since the car stereo was a different business it was against the rules for me to accept the credit card. It was a long process, very frustrating and I had to write a letter explaining how the transaction went down along with several phone calls all to no avail.

I made my mind up then if she could get away with that then what would stop any customer from doing the same for any reason such as not be satisfied with the shade of film they asked for.

I am sure I loose a job here and there but to me it is worth it for less hassle and risk.

Our CC sales are up by atleast 20% in the last two months. Real CC not debit. I pay 1.9% for qualified and it goes up from there. We went through Sam's club years ago and have just been lazy about switching. The bad part is buying a new machine everytime you switch :twocents that is the main reason we have just stayed with this co.

Archived