What would you do?

Guest absolutetinting

I hate manufacturers/distributor or reps who compete with real tint companies. if I here correct, limotintlarry said you fall in this category.

then u deserve it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate manufacturers/distributor or reps who compete with real tint companies. if I here correct, limotintlarry said you fall in this category.

then u deserve it.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't rep in my home state it goes against my own code of ethics.

then u deserve it.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't rep in my home state it goes against my own code of ethics.

All I know is I would be %&$# canned before I could even put down the squeegee if I was caught working on that side of the industry and I think it is a good rule. You have access to information your competition does not. Does your shop use the brand of film you sell? If so, I would guess you have access to some nice pricing too. I understand selling a shop is tough and a lot of folks who move to the rep side of the business have to sacrifice their shop to do so but its just such a huge conflict of interest. Shoot ASWF (Suntek) has a tint shop at the same address as their LA distribution center... I am not putting you in the same boat as them, thats a whole different level... but I don't agree with owning a shop and being a rep.

http://www.tintstudio.com/

then u deserve it.

All I know is I would be %&$# canned before I could even put down the squeegee if I was caught working on that side of the industry and I think it is a good rule. You have access to information your competition does not. Does your shop use the brand of film you sell? If so, I would guess you have access to some nice pricing too. I understand selling a shop is tough and a lot of folks who move to the rep side of the business have to sacrifice their shop to do so but its just such a huge conflict of interest. Shoot ASWF (Suntek) has a tint shop at the same address as their LA distribution center... I am not putting you in the same boat as them, thats a whole different level... but I don't agree with owning a shop and being a rep.

http://www.tintstudio.com/

Your arguement has valid points, however we're oceans apart and somewhat known for our laidback lifestyle. My shop does use the film that I sell, not exclusively though and it might interest you to know that although I have access to base prices and so on my shop still pays the same price that I negotiated before I took the position I was offered, fair's fair, my price is based on my buying power as it should be. As for selling my shop, if my tinters could afford to buy me out that would be great, if I were to sell to someone else there is no guarantee of job security, their loyalty counts for a lot with me. In my role as a rep I work on a full disclosure policy which means that I do not have one customer who isn't aware that I own an active business in the industry albeit not in their state. I've had customers from my repping spend time in my workshop to brush up or learn new skills and I get a lot of calls toask what marketing methods work for my shop or just ask how do you do so and so. As yet noboby has a problem with my doing both, but I do make a conscious effort to keep my dual roles separate. No offense taken your opinion is your own and everybody is entitled to one. :dunno

Archived