Buy American

Guest maddtinter

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddtinter

If we,that are Americans pay more attention to where the goods(household and business) we purchase come from it will only help our economy get out of this mess we're in.Before you lay down that $$$ just look to see who you are supporting.

Guest scottydosnntkno
most "american" brand arent even assembled or made here. my chevy was assembled in mexico and my other one was assebled in canada.

but the profits from the car come back to america. everyone always says "but more foreign cars are made here blah blah blah" thats no excuse to not buy american. every penny of profit off of that car goes back over seas.

I think that this is a great sentiment, but it might be hard to find a truly "American " product anymore. Even the American film manufacturers buy the raw polyester from Asia. Buying a new TV? Does an American brand still even exist!? When people are watching their money closer than they have in a long time, they will inevitably make the most rational decision on what they are purchasing. So, while many may say, "Buy American", I think alot will continue to purchase what they feel gives them the best overall value for their money. The larger issue is that American companies need to determine how to offer the best overall value again. A blanket "Buy American" sentiment if the product remains inferior will never last and never work.

That is my :crazy

Patric Fransko

Sorry guys ! this drives me grazy ! we in germany have the same problems within every Bank!

mi oppinion is : if bankers go shopping all arround the world buyin other banks, and dont care what they buyin. they have to pay for that.

the same prob for me is GM they bought Opel and Vauxhall get the cash for the last 30 Years and now wonder what happens.

I say: if every Car Brand would stay on there own feet this crisis hasnt happend in that size to the automobile industrie.

my :crazy

If we,that are Americans pay more attention to where the goods(household and business) we purchase come from it will only help our economy get out of this mess we're in.Before you lay down that $$$ just look to see who you are supporting.

I agree but as everyone says.... Try finding toys made in US...Not!

Is there a 100% made US Car??? Not that know..made now..

It is hard to do.. I would love to buuy US made products only....

Guest STintVA
I think that this is a great sentiment, but it might be hard to find a truly "American " product anymore. Even the American film manufacturers buy the raw polyester from Asia. Buying a new TV? Does an American brand still even exist!? When people are watching their money closer than they have in a long time, they will inevitably make the most rational decision on what they are purchasing. So, while many may say, "Buy American", I think alot will continue to purchase what they feel gives them the best overall value for their money. The larger issue is that American companies need to determine how to offer the best overall value again. A blanket "Buy American" sentiment if the product remains inferior will never last and never work.

That is my :crazy

Is that true, PJF? I thought there had to be at least one provider of polyester's here in the US? :crazy I still hold out hope that America can do some things better, and that window film is one of them.

Side note: I looked into buying an American made car, but I'm not gonna lie, I just don't like any of the styles!

That is my :lol2

Patric Fransko

:dunno

Really happy that I am not lonely in this statement......

Archived