applying felt

Guest scottydosnntkno
I try to think outside the box, no disrespect. But information, for the cust is better than going with the flow. Again just :twocents

how is not felting thinking outside the box? outside the box is putting the felt on and not just leaving them.

your leaving a lot of money on the table by not felting them. Its almost 100% profit, since the felt costs a couple dollars for a car

I get self adhesive felt from the local AC Moore craft store for $1.00 a sq/ft piece. They have it in a bunch of colors for crafts. I just get a bunch of sheets of black. Works great and I can usually do a sedan for 50 cents and I charge $10 a door sooo.... $39.50 for 20min of cutting and stickin.

And you MUST felt the cars that need felt, whether or not the customer gets back to you about it... your perfect work looks like balls within weeks without it.

Guest Crackz
Sand them with a 220 or 320 sand paper, then clean and prep them before applying felt.

I also use an adhesion promoter to be sure it sticks well, but rubbing alcohol usually does the trick too.

I get my felt from CRLaurence...

:bingo

ebay has 100ft rolls of the 3/4" felt for like $17 shipped.

just pull the panel, remove rubber :beer wipe with rubbing alcohol, let dry and apply the felt

what do you search for on ebay I dont see any only 2" wide :dunno post the link or the exact search :beer

Guest scottydosnntkno
Sand them with a 220 or 320 sand paper, then clean and prep them before applying felt.

I also use an adhesion promoter to be sure it sticks well, but rubbing alcohol usually does the trick too.

I get my felt from CRLaurence...

:bingo

ebay has 100ft rolls of the 3/4" felt for like $17 shipped.

just pull the panel, remove rubber :dunno wipe with rubbing alcohol, let dry and apply the felt

what do you search for on ebay I dont see any only 2" wide :beer post the link or the exact search :beer

I just searched for like cr laurence felt or something like that. or self adhesive felt tape I don't know. Its been like a year, and I've only used maybe 35 feet off the roll :dunno

Archived