Installing 8mil

its slow and I need to get some work. A guy is looking to sub out some of the labor on a job.

Whats a fair asking price (per sq ft) to install 8mil? and Linear ft for wet glazing attachment w/ backer rods?

I have done some limited 8 mil installs with reasonable success but I dont want to break my ass for nothing.

This is a show up, install and leave I dont need to bring anything (no ladders, Tape, towels) no setup or breakdown just push push push

Guest mikeMN

take what you would make on a good hard days worth of work.then take out the cost of film and any other thing you do not need to do the job .that you otherwise use.that cost you $ and their you go.do not due it to cheap they may have more work for you.I do not like to sell labor.but you got to make the (green) when you can.or you can take the profit you make on a good day.or what you are happy to make for a hard days work.that would make me happy.hope you make sum $$$$$$$.

post-25933-1237946019.jpg

Guest absolutetinting

labor rate is different across the country.

I liked getting $80-$100/hr. or figure out sqft. minus film.

at that rate I could pay my guys to install while I go to the beach, chill or go do estimates and make a little for myself.

I'm lazy, I've done it to long and know the comfort level where I needed to be.

I see your from LI.lucky if you get $3sq.lots of hacks to go up against.I've been doin all those Metro PCS stores with 8mill.its not that easy.make sure you'll come home with more than if you stayed home doin cars.

Your sq. ft. price for film and linear sq.ft might be different so do your homework . A 4x5 window will be 20sq.ft. ,lineal is 18 ft. On a 2x5 sq.ft, it is 10 sq.ft. and the lineal is 14lineal ft. ,so you need to be carefull you don't short yourself. Measure everything for backer and caulk, on a big job there could be a substantial difference between sq.ft. and lineal ft. so chart everything .It's easier to present a knowledgable price upfront than back paddle on a mistake. good luck

Guest Crackz

how many cars you do in a day johny take that number and add $100 more for the pain in the back and shoulders your gonna have is it the job with cj :bingo

Archived