Hail chasing

Guest convincor

Guest convincor

Looking for advise for getting in with someone doing hail repair. Last summer/fall I was getting trained by the dent guy that was working out of the body shop I was working at. He spent a lot of time working with me during the time he was here. I have been training on hoods all fall and winter on my own. I am able to fix hoods that had more damage on them than the cost to replace. I took alot of the hoods home that were getting repalced to practice on. When the hail guy was here he said he was going to put me to work this spring. I have talked to him on the phone lately and now he seems kinda funny about putting me to work?? Does anyone have contacts? Any help would be appreciated.

Guest richz71
what % can you bring up a 1/2 dollar size dent?

man thats like my customers calling and asking what do you charge for pdr! all dents are diff.if you have any exp you would not of asked that!

Guest tint51

man thats like my customers calling and asking what do you charge for pdr! all dents are diff.if you have any exp you would not of asked that!

I agree..

100%.... that is amazing.. I do PDR and can only get like 85- 95%////

100% is unlikely I have seem 15 year experience techs.. not get 100%..

Guest convincor

I agree..

I have not seen alot of peoples work just a few guys that were at the body shop. They get 100% of 1/2 dollar dents out. Most of the time I can to, it just takes me 5 times as long as it does them. I am not trying to be a smart ass but if you do hail repair isn't it common for a roof to have alot of 1/2 dollar size dents? If you only get 85% of 4 or 5 dents out of a roof I would think it would not be passable?? Again I am not trying to be difficult just trying to learn as much as I can.

Guest tint51

I agree..

I have not seen alot of peoples work just a few guys that were at the body shop. They get 100% of 1/2 dollar dents out. Most of the time I can to, it just takes me 5 times as long as it does them. I am not trying to be a smart ass but if you do hail repair isn't it common for a roof to have alot of 1/2 dollar size dents? If you only get 85% of 4 or 5 dents out of a roof I would think it would not be passable?? Again I am not trying to be difficult just trying to learn as much as I can.

If you can do 95% or better all the time.. Good>> but flat panels are easier then doing doors or crease dents or body lines.. Those seem to be the ones in my area people want done most.. Good luck to you!

Guest richz71
I agree, side are alot harder. I have very little experience with sides. I have been practicing on hoods for the last 5 months or so.

sides are not harder than top panels. you work them from 2 sides. come on guys do you even do pdr!

Guest convincor

Read my post it says I have very little experience with sides. The few times I have done sides it was like starting to learn all over. A hood on a stand allows you to position the hood where you want it and work with your body upright. On the sides I have to twist, bend and have my head side ways. Also access is alot harder. Just my experience so far. I hope you are right about side being easier. Can't wait to get more experience with sides. Thanks for the input.

Archived