Interesting news from VKool

from the website: "capable of letting in 70% of visible light through the front windscreen (FWS) and cutting off up to 94% of sun's infra-red heat". That sounds pretty good, but I'm wondering about their 3% increase in fuel effeciency. Think about the film process as a whole. From natural resources used to make film and producing them, to combining them to make film, shipping film and distributing it. The whole process has to comsume a very large quantity of energy. So with that in mind 3% doesnt sound like a whole lot to me. But hey... To block that much in the infrared spectrum where irradiation comes from (heat transfer)... Sounds good.

BTW irradiation will even transfer through a perfect vacuum. So imagine this film on a well vacuumed dual pane window. (I dont know if there is such a thing). Almost all of the heat would be blocked and insulated from the interior. Just a thought. :devilangel

Smart marketing dept........ The conversion of film specs into interpretable 'Green' stats is a logical next step in the re-education of the population to think green. A consumer doesn't think about the energy or emissions that went into the development of the product, only about what they are doing to benefit the environment... it's a good direct marketing strategy and it won't be long before other manufacturers follow suit..... It can only benefit the industry! :devilangel

Smart marketing dept........ The conversion of film specs into interpretable 'Green' stats is a logical next step in the re-education of the population to think green. A consumer doesn't think about the energy or emissions that went into the development of the product, only about what they are doing to benefit the environment... it's a good direct marketing strategy and it won't be long before other manufacturers follow suit..... It can only benefit the industry! :devilangel

I'm still somewhat new to tinting and the first thing I considered was infrared rejection.

Guest vclimber

They could have saved space and said "Toyota is putting VK-70 on their cars now." :lol2

:devilangel I wonder if window film dealers are getting the business or is this done at the factory? :ditto

Guest tintnmoreok

I've used VKool on a couple of jobs where the customer wanted no hindrance to visibility but high heat rejection. Worked great, looked great -- but the cost was WAAAAAY up there. Need to sell to high end customer who wants what he wants. Doesn't work for someone looking for a bargain.

Guest Litespeeds

I've been selling V-Kool 70% for over 5 years now and it has proven to be a good seller because in California, the law allows 70% VLT and with this film installed, it is hardly visible and I have never had a single customer come back with a citation. In fact, I am so confident that you will never get pulled over for this film that I will give a guarantee that I will remove and retint the front door windows for free if you get an illegally tinted front door windows ticket with this film as well as with our 3M Crystalline 70% and the Solargard Ultra Performance 75%. I am now stocking all 3 of these ultra light films that are designed to target Infra Red heat rejection.

The specs on these films are as follows:

V-Kool 70% has a Total Solar Heat Rejection of 55%

3M Crystalline 70% has a TSER of 50%

Solargard Ultra Performance 75% has a TSER of 40%

Yes these films are more expensive than your ordinary films but in order to get the same or greater heat rejection, you need to go darker. If you put a darker film on the front doors, chances are you will get a ticket and have to pay us to get it removed and then you will end up with nothing. Worse case scenario, you will get a ticket with a fine and have to remove the film. It is definitely not worth trying to defy the law.

Guest Sprinter

I've got 2 boxes of V-kool 70 nice thing is there 60 inches and they have 200 feet per roll I've used about 10 feet so far and lightspeed is right I put some on my moms lexus rx330 and you can hardly tell its there, had to use that she's from california.

They could have saved space and said "Toyota is putting VK-70 on their cars now." :lol

:lol I wonder if window film dealers are getting the business or is this done at the factory? :cooldot

toyota does not make laminated glass on they're cars like audi and benz and some bimmers etc etc :flip

Archived