UPS got my package wet

I ordered another roll of film last week and UPS delivered it on Friday (of last week). There was bad rain all day long and the UPS driver decided to leave my package (film) out in the rain. The bottom of my package was soaking wet and a small amout leaked in and got the bottom of my film wet (less than an inch on the bottom). the bag the film was in had a small amount of condensation in it. I called UPS and they told me that the driver should not have left the package out at the door in the rain and they appologized. They also said if they would send someone out to inspect the film for damage... and if its damaged they will will reimburse me for it.

Here is my problem:

I have a 2 to 3 cars to tint this week and I need that film I was sent, but I dont know if the film was damaged (the film looks ok, but the sealant is water activated so...?). I dont know if some UPS guy is going to come out and say "that looks fine to me" and them I'm out $$$. Plus I dont know if the film was damaged as I have never had this happen before... and I dont want to apply some film that will just come off later. If I use the film UPS could say to bad youve used it and we wont pay for it...

I really dont know what to do...

One thing is for sure, I have never had a good experience with UPS as a customer. Plus I used to work for UPS right after high school and I've seen first hand how much they CARE about anyones goods! (sarcasim)

What should I do??? :popcorn

sometimes sh!t happens, be honest with the custy's and tell them, they will most likley understand. Otherwise get a partial roll coming. Being in Texas you should be able to have film the next day without paying for air shipping. (Not saying your distributor is in TX but I bet they are close) JMO.

Archived