09 A4 3rd Break light

tintmor

When doing back window you have to disconnect light.When finished it shows up break light fault ,this happens because I have disconnected it.My question is ,is there any way round this as dealer then charges customer to just reprogram the light. thanks in advance. :spit

I have done 50+ of these and never had an issue. I disconnect the light every time. There must some other problem. Good luck. Maybe you could remove the light but dont disconnect it if your concerned or make sure the key is in the off postion while working on the rear window.

key off, disconnect light, tint rear window, reconnect light, turn key on, hope and pray

I have done 50+ of these and never had an issue. I disconnect the light every time. There must some other problem. Good luck. Maybe you could remove the light but dont disconnect it if your concerned or make sure the key is in the off postion while working on the rear window.

key off, disconnect light, tint rear window, reconnect light, turn key on, hope and pray

cheers johnny that might be the problem , when I leave the car back to dealer they say theyill just get garage to sort it,but was just wandering for private customer, I will give key off a go thanks again

Guest naughtydog

maybe you plugged it back in with the engine running...it will see no brake light and then start to see it again and report a problem.

When doing back window you have to disconnect light.When finished it shows up break light fault ,this happens because I have disconnected it.My question is ,is there any way round this as dealer then charges customer to just reprogram the light. thanks in advance. :headbang

let us all know what the out come is? maybe somone can find out if it can be reset without the dealer?

maybe you plugged it back in with the engine running...it will see no brake light and then start to see it again and report a problem.

key in, ignition with lights on doing side windows maybe thats the problem I take it you hav'nt had this happen.

Have done a few an it happened to them thankfully to the ones that were for the dealer it must be because ignition was on,customer told me that the dealer charges 30 quid to reset not from my work but it happened to him on another matter.

If it is a DTC (diagnostic trouble code) then you should get a OBD II handheld scanner and just erase the code when your done. you can get a dirt cheap one for $30 to $50 bucks a nice one for $130ish. They are very usefull.

I dont know to much about that car thats why I said "If its a DTC".

Archived