Group Buys and discounted Rates ??? Advice needed

Hello All,

I need some advice here. As the tinting season is around the corner I am getting phone calls with the same question.

I feel I am not answering it right ?????

A customer will call and say " If I bring you 3 cars to tint whats the best deal you can offer me "

Or I want to set up a group buy for tinting. I have about 5-10 cars. What is the group rate.

As a business owner if it is 1 or 5 cars the labour rate is the same and the cost of material is the same.

Do you offer discounts or multiple cars?

I charge say $ per car retail and with the quality and workmanship of our tints I do not want to hizzo out a $ tint job. Cause then a friend of a friend of that customer will call and say well my friend got theres done for $ why cant I then I feel like I am in a bad situation.

Any advice would be great

Thank you

No price posting on the forum, thanks

Build your discount onto the last car....

They want to bring 5 cars... for 'group buy' or whatever..... then 5th car will reflect to deal so you know you will get all the work.. :rollin

Guest SlammedNiss

We give out coupons worth 10% with every tint job purchased. First car is full price. If they want to give the coupon to friends or family, then it's 10% off for them if they have the coupon.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Just last weekend I actually had two friends put 4 of their cars together at the same time. I tell them they only way they get the group rate is if they pay for all the cars up front before I start on the first one. This guarantees that you will actually have all the cars show up, and if they don't you still get paid. I give a pretty good discount for multiple cars, because like last weekend they dropped off two, I tinted them and called them with about a half hour left and they brought the next two. Even though its a discount, its a guaranteed full days work for me so I like it.

However, I advertise my discount price as the same price no matter what. Its $50 off a full car and $30 off a partial/two door car.

I get a lot of people that put together groups. I advertise as anything over 3 cars qualifies, but its the same whether you have 3 or 10

Just last weekend I actually had two friends put 4 of their cars together at the same time. I tell them they only way they get the group rate is if they pay for all the cars up front before I start on the first one. This guarantees that you will actually have all the cars show up, and if they don't you still get paid. I give a pretty good discount for multiple cars, because like last weekend they dropped off two, I tinted them and called them with about a half hour left and they brought the next two. Even though its a discount, its a guaranteed full days work for me so I like it.

However, I advertise my discount price as the same price no matter what. Its $50 off a full car and $30 off a partial/two door car.

I get a lot of people that put together groups. I advertise as anything over 3 cars qualifies, but its the same whether you have 3 or 10

Thanks for the info.

So if you do it for say $ retail and someone bringin 3 4 door cars then you do each car for $?

Thanks for your help

prices edited out

If you do quality work dont sell yourself to short... people will go as far as they can. 25% off is a lot if you think about it. I like the other 2 ideas.

1. give a discount on following cars ex. coupon, one use. so they get one coupon per car.

or

2. make them pay for all cars at once, other wise say no!

That way if they give you a referal and the referal says why cant you do it for that price say... "I can just bring me 4 cars and pay for them at once, you get the same deal".

or even better.

Tell them youll give them a discount on removal of old film, provided its not in horrible shape and they didnt already try to remove it.

I would give 10% discount off 3 or more if in on same day, but I'm thinking of buying a load of car mats with my logo on em, an instead of discounting give a set of mats,mat would be less than 10% I am giving away, looks better for me an also gets my name out there.

Archived