WARNING 2009 Mustang Windshield Problems

wow, I guess we need a how to video on how to remove mirrors... one thing that I never mentioned is I live in florida and as long as you have comp. ins. its a free replacement. so even if one got broke in my shop there wouldnt be any hassle do to florida laws under comp ins. "replacement is free" I thought all state had comp. ins. and for a person not to have comp. ins. on a brand new car "just doesnt heppen in florida"

we have to have insurance in michigan too but not full comp. You can have PL/PD if you have an old beater. Even still our glass coverage carries a $150-250 deductible depending on the carrier.

florida its a requirement to drive a brand new car off the lot, from what has always been explained to me...I had it in 98, but like you said every state is different. for a 2009 car in any state you would think it would be covered under compreheinsive ins.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is something new to me..never heard of cracking the windshield over the rear view mirror...and I noticed that window strip on the ford was computer cut..jw cause it looks alot different.cause instead of the curve going down it curves up

thats not the proper ComputerCut cut I will use a genaric strip with a 5 inch curve...works perfect...if you have ever noticed the as1 is at a slant and with that much curve it lines up exsactly with the as1 marks. I get a extra 10 bucks for adding the silver and only use the computer for the curve I hand cut both silver and black films on my pony strips...I think thats why they are my favorite...I even charged a extre 10.oo for hand cutting the yellow pony to acsent the pony that comes on the windshield..being a total of 40.oo just for a front strip....

the silver should be done to all fords that have superduty, f150, or the pony extra money and for the cc dealers out there I had the patterns added to the patern of the cars and trucks that they can be used with but still hand cut them.........

this is something new to me..never heard of cracking the windshield over the rear view mirror...and I noticed that window strip on the ford was computer cut..jw cause it looks alot different.cause instead of the curve going down it curves up

good eye you have.................

Guest tintmanlibby
Hey tinted a 09 mustang today, and went adjust the rear view mirror down to apply the tint to it and it windshield cracked...no tools used, we literally adjusted the mirror...called ford and they said to turn it into our insurance because there is a metal piece behind the mirror and if you move the mirror down it will crack the windshield...so just a warning...

I dont get it...so you aren't suppose to move your mirror down or it will break?>

thats the excuse this guy gave :shock

doughtful jeff's is the real deal :spit

Guest tintgod
Hey tinted a 09 mustang today, and went adjust the rear view mirror down to apply the tint to it and it windshield cracked...no tools used, we literally adjusted the mirror...called ford and they said to turn it into our insurance because there is a metal piece behind the mirror and if you move the mirror down it will crack the windshield...so just a warning...

I dont get it...so you aren't suppose to move your mirror down or it will break?>

what are you talking about...jeff who?

what are you talking about...jeff who?

your too funny...now realy how you been there mr tint god? :spit

Archived