tough B/G

Guest scottydosnntkno
You should have tried it. You'll never know how to do it unless you try it. I was doing C6 Vettes in two pieces until I decided to try it in one piece. The fourth attempt was a success. Now, I think they are super easy. Same with Camaro back glass's...SUPER easy.

I still fight some 3rd gen. camaros and trans ams......:lol2

I have my first late 90s tbird yesterday, and from reading on here it seemed like it was going to be impossible. However, I decided for the corners to use a alcohol/slip mix, and spray it just in the corners. I squeegeed everything but the bottom, went outside and heated it all up pretty good, then pushed it down and it gave me no issues at all with peeling back. I was like damn I'm good :hump

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who has only been tinting since January you did the smartest thing you could IMO, there is no better judge of your personal skill than yourself. If you doubt your ability to a job you can bet it's going to cost you blood, sweat and tears if you go ahead and do it anyway . I have given work away over the years ( usually because too busy to do it) karma has a way of balancing things out... you get back what you give!

You should have tried it. You'll never know how to do it unless you try it. I was doing C6 Vettes in two pieces until I decided to try it in one piece. The fourth attempt was a success. Now, I think they are super easy. Same with Camaro back glass's...SUPER easy.

I still fight some 3rd gen. camaros and trans ams...... :lol2

I have a 91 Camaro tomorrow...Ive never done one. AND, the back glass requires a 40" roll. I carry 36". I will drop by the distributor and pick up a precut kit...hope I get it in the first try, but it looks easy.

Guest scottydosnntkno

I still fight some 3rd gen. camaros and trans ams...... :lol2

I have a 91 Camaro tomorrow...Ive never done one. AND, the back glass requires a 40" roll. I carry 36". I will drop by the distributor and pick up a precut kit...hope I get it in the first try, but it looks easy.

Do you find a lot of cars need 36? I'm debating over switching to 36's, but am not sure yet. I like just splitting 40's for the sides, but if I could get most with a 36 that would be better

I still fight some 3rd gen. camaros and trans ams...... :hump

OOpss, I meant 4th gen F-body's....93 to 02

The older ones aren't that bad..... :lol2

like I said I had thought about doing it but figured why waste the tint. but likeyou said you never know if you can until you try. plus I read about what you need to do on here and some of it I just didnt understand. oh im sure if I watched someone do it it would make sense to me.

As someone who has only been tinting since January you did the smartest thing you could IMO, there is no better judge of your personal skill than yourself. If you doubt your ability to a job you can bet it's going to cost you blood, sweat and tears if you go ahead and do it anyway . I have given work away over the years ( usually because too busy to do it) karma has a way of balancing things out... you get back what you give!

ive been looking at from both angles, just try it and dont even think about it. only thing that makes me really think I should have tried it is I live in a town of about 45-50k people and there are not a lot of these cars running around needing tint so the odds of me getting another chance is pretty slim. but I do know someone who owns a mid 90's camaro and he keeps askin me if I want to try it. so maybe on a slow day and a few more cars and months from now I will go get that and practice on it. thanks everyone for the replies it helped me a lot.

ive been looking at from both angles, just try it and dont even think about it. only thing that makes me really think I should have tried it is I live in a town of about 45-50k people and there are not a lot of these cars running around needing tint so the odds of me getting another chance is pretty slim. but I do know someone who owns a mid 90's camaro and he keeps askin me if I want to try it. so maybe on a slow day and a few more cars and months from now I will go get that and practice on it. thanks everyone for the replies it helped me a lot.

Practice if you have the opportunity and the film to waste, but don't do when your under the hammer and have to live up to someone else's expectations. Allow yourself room for growth and don't expect it to be perfect the first time; you might be surprised at what you can do. Friends cars are good to practice on cause you can always rip it off and try again another time, when your confident enough give it a go. BTW your right don't think about it, it's amazing how much we can complicate things if we give it too much thought. GOODLUCK!! :beer

why the hell are you in the bizness of tinting windows since you cant even tint a damn vette.

Flaugh.gif next one I get I will call you, pay for your flight out here so you can show me how its done. deal?

Archived