tough B/G

I know a lot of people on here are damn good at tinting but im curious, would you or have you ever sent work to someone else because you couldnt do it? had an 07 vette come in today to remove tint. got busted rollin with 20%. he wanted me to remove just the door tint. I said cool. he took it down to get checked. they told him...ummm you forgot one window,LOL!!! he was talking like he wanted to re-tint the car and when he came back and said I needed to do the back glass also, I was bummin'. I told him I have only been tinting since january and thats a bitch of a back glass. he told me well just remove it and we will talk later. well I looked the vette's up on here and seen what people are doing to lay the film and I thought about trying it. then I told myself " why waste the tint?" so I called up one of the other shops and asked him if he would do one he said sure have him bring it by. I told the guy that owns the stereo shop that I had called a guy about doing the car and he got mad. I shouldnt be sending other shops business. hmmm so im suppose to waste tint that I pay for just to have the end result of what we know is gonna happen, wasting film. I just shrugged my shoulders. he must have took a quick second and thought about from my stand point cause then his attitude changed.

so was I right in thinking the way I did, by sending the car to someone else? has any one else sent work to other shops for this reason?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
I know a lot of people on here are damn good at tinting but im curious, would you or have you ever sent work to someone else because you couldnt do it? had an 07 vette come in today to remove tint. got busted rollin with 20%. he wanted me to remove just the door tint. I said cool. he took it down to get checked. they told him...ummm you forgot one window,LOL!!! he was talking like he wanted to re-tint the car and when he came back and said I needed to do the back glass also, I was bummin'. I told him I have only been tinting since january and thats a bitch of a back glass. he told me well just remove it and we will talk later. well I looked the vette's up on here and seen what people are doing to lay the film and I thought about trying it. then I told myself " why waste the tint?" so I called up one of the other shops and asked him if he would do one he said sure have him bring it by. I told the guy that owns the stereo shop that I had called a guy about doing the car and he got mad. I shouldnt be sending other shops business. hmmm so im suppose to waste tint that I pay for just to have the end result of what we know is gonna happen, wasting film. I just shrugged my shoulders. he must have took a quick second and thought about from my stand point cause then his attitude changed.

so was I right in thinking the way I did, by sending the car to someone else? has any one else sent work to other shops for this reason?

I've sent work to other people for that reason a few years ago when I was still not confident in my skills. I was in the same boat and didn't want to waste the film when I knew I couldn't get it done. Nowadays I still refer work to other shops, but only because they refer work to me also. If someones too far away, theres another good mobile tinter(one who taught me) who I refer work too, and vice versa.

I have referred work out to other shops, either cause I don't have time or one I just don't want to do it for some reason.

Those back glass's are not for beginners, that's for sure.

Build you skills on other ones and work your way up to those more difficult ones....

Keep pluggin.... :lol2

I've gotten work from other shops that couldn't handle the job for whatever reason.

It kinda makes you feel good, but on the other hand it makes you realize how difficult the job can be and thankful that God has granted you the ability. After that there's no room for pride.

If you have some one that can tint it in front of you just offer to pay them to do it. It is a great chance to see it done up close and learn how to do you heavy shrinks. That way also you didn't turn away any work. You have to be careful cutting on those too cause it is very easy to leave etch marks.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I have had plenty I WISH I had turned away after I was done. :lol2

I hate when you just have one of those days where nothing goes right, and the more you try to chill and not worry about it the more it bothers you :hump

You should have tried it. You'll never know how to do it unless you try it. I was doing C6 Vettes in two pieces until I decided to try it in one piece. The fourth attempt was a success. Now, I think they are super easy. Same with Camaro back glass's...SUPER easy.

You should have tried it. You'll never know how to do it unless you try it. I was doing C6 Vettes in two pieces until I decided to try it in one piece. The fourth attempt was a success. Now, I think they are super easy. Same with Camaro back glass's...SUPER easy.

I still fight some 3rd gen. camaros and trans ams......:lol2

Archived