2002 Saab 9-3

Guest FilmBlazer

Guest FilmBlazer

Got a call from a potential customer today that said a glass professional concluded that he had tinting laminated within the glass. The car originated in FL and he received a ticket in Michigan. Anyone heard of such a thing? I've seen some Lexus autos that appear to have a brownish non reflective tinting in the glass of all the car's windows but I don't see many Saabs. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

- FB

Guest scottydosnntkno
Got a call from a potential customer today that said a glass professional concluded that he had tinting laminated within the glass. The car originated in FL and he received a ticket in Michigan. Anyone heard of such a thing? I've seen some Lexus autos that appear to have a brownish non reflective tinting in the glass of all the car's windows but I don't see many Saabs. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

- FB

it is possible that its like that. tell him too get written proof(such as from a dealer, or your tint shop) that it is laminated in the glass, therefor not an aftermarket film. You can't get a ticket in michigan(or anywhere for that matter) for something that came with the car from the factory. Did you get to look at it yourself?

Guest FilmBlazer

- FB

it is possible that its like that. tell him too get written proof(such as from a dealer, or your tint shop) that it is laminated in the glass, therefor not an aftermarket film. You can't get a ticket in michigan(or anywhere for that matter) for something that came with the car from the factory. Did you get to look at it yourself?

Not yet, but I will today. Thanks!

sounds after market to me....laminated glass does come in some new cars, but this dont sound right for sabb to do this? depending on the year somone could have replaced it with a tinted laminate glass- but doesnt make it legal.........

Guest FilmBlazer
sounds after market to me....laminated glass does come in some new cars, but this dont sound right for sabb to do this? depending on the year somone could have replaced it with a tinted laminate glass- but doesnt make it legal.........

Very true, it was retrofit tinting, a damn good install from FL.... A glass guy couldn't even tell it was tinting although I think he may have been trying to seal the deal for replacement glass.

Thanks for the input!

Guest filmslayer
[Very true, it was retrofit tinting, a damn good install from FL.... A glass guy couldn't even tell it was tinting although I think he may have been trying to seal the deal for replacement glass.

Thanks for the input!

now that you seen my work ,what do ya think ??? :beer

Archived