Lift and Pull Beetle

Had a scrap piece of film laying around and a New Beetle in My bay so I decided to try it out!

My nemesis...... :spit

IMG00032-20090522-1007.jpg

Thats alot to shrink... :spit

IMG00035-20090522-1014.jpg

Hey, this aint to bad...

IMG00036-20090522-1020.jpg

This is where it got tricky... :spit

IMG00038-20090522-1037.jpg

Top was easy compared to the bottom... literally took Me three minutes to complete the top. :inot

IMG00040-20090522-1105.jpg

So I singed the bottom, but the top layed smooth...better luck next time I hope! :nope

IMG00041-20090522-1111.jpg

this car is deff a milestone to any tinter

The Beetle back window is definitly a pain! The 2 dr Stratus back glass and the late 90s Eclipse back glass seems like it tests my patience more!...........Like guest said if you burn the bottom just slide it down and cut off the bad part then shrink the top!

Not bad. Shifting the film would make it installable. Although I think the side anchors are too thick. I would cut the film to the end of the glass and use a thinner anchor. That would give the film more room to move around. :thumb

Not bad. Shifting the film would make it installable. Although I think the side anchors are too thick. I would cut the film to the end of the glass and use a thinner anchor. That would give the film more room to move around. :dunno

I agree! Make your anchors on the side just a little bit smaller and it will be much easier to shrink!

Like I said, this was the first time trying the lift and pull. Was fun just dickin' around with it. I usually do them dry shrinking. Yeah there hard, but not impossible. I was just having a little fun in some spare time. Thanks for the anchoring tips!

Archived