got hussled by doing the right thing

I had done a guy 2006 car and he emailed me the picture to say I scratched his car . By the picture it looked like deep scratches and wide see below. So when he came in the scratch turned out to be less than 1/2 " big , he must have had a zoom lens or some thing because it looks huge in the picture.

Any way I was in a good mood after a relaxing week end so I said I would send it to the body shop to get it buffed out even though I dont think we scratched it . So he calls back to day to say that he went to a detailing shop yesterday and he got it buffed out and he brings me a generic bill and it cost $50 to get the scratch out. I try to help customers out when I can since we have a good reputation but when I get hussled like this it make me suspicious of the next customer complaint . I just love dealing with the public :lol2

Scratch6.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's hard to do on every car, but a walk around with custy before tinting might have prevented this ...

We do that now, that was years ago. I also have them called if anything is spotted that was missed. Cars the dealer brings that the customers drop to them are the ones we really watch closely. They will screw something up and blame it on ya in a heartbeat!

Guest thatsnappyguy
I had done a guy 2006 car and he emailed me the picture to say I scratched his car . By the picture it looked like deep scratches and wide see below. So when he came in the scratch turned out to be less than 1/2 " big , he must have had a zoom lens or some thing because it looks huge in the picture.

Any way I was in a good mood after a relaxing week end so I said I would send it to the body shop to get it buffed out even though I dont think we scratched it . So he calls back to day to say that he went to a detailing shop yesterday and he got it buffed out and he brings me a generic bill and it cost $50 to get the scratch out. I try to help customers out when I can since we have a good reputation but when I get hussled like this it make me suspicious of the next customer complaint . I just love dealing with the public :lol2

Scratch6.jpg

I said it many time and I ll say it till I die...I am not paying for something I know I didnt do. F*ck YOU, have a nice day.

Guest Sarah

I have to agree...if I notice something, like, ex, the other day I was cleaning a window and noticed that there was scartches all over it....I stopped and had my shop manager come and look at it so that way he knew. and that way I had a witness that I didnt scratch it....just in case they try to blame it on us...........I have to agree WONT pay for something we didnt do.......with the economy the way it is the cheaters are out in full force.....

Guest Fly Paper

Post a sign that says" Unless you request a walk around to note prior damage before work begins you're not responsible. We stopped that crap years ago. We payed so many phoney claims I tell the auto manager to point to the sign. Then point um to the door.

Archived