got hussled by doing the right thing

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
Post a sign that says" Unless you request a walk around to note prior damage before work begins you're not responsible. We stopped that crap years ago. We payed so many phoney claims I tell the auto manager to point to the sign. Then point um to the door.

I have a similar thing listed on my liability waiver/info sheet all customers sign. Similar to the valet company I used to work for, saying any damage not reported before leaving is not our responsibility. I know the valet company got out of several issues through that little piece of info on the back of the tickets.

Most people just jump in and drive off, and don't even look :spit

Guest fredstinting

tuesday customer calls about tinting his toyota van I told him could not get there untile the next day and it would cost this much and I give the visor strip is free for haven me do the tint job . yesterday I did customers toyota sienna van at there home when I was done I told the wife that I could not do the free visor strip on the windsheild cause I did have the right size tool to remove the rearview mirror she said ok everthing was great. ran her credit card and gave her a warranty paper cleaned up my mess and I leave she leave with her kids same time .

about 10 minutes later her husband calls chewing my ass out cause I didn't put the visor strip on and tells me if I dont install the the film on the windsheild he was going to sue and call his bank and cancell the credit card transaction . I said that the wife was okay with it not being done she had no problems. he told me that his wife could not make those decision cause he made the verbal contract with me . I need to okay it with him . he said all kinds of f-up stuff but his biggest concern was when I was comming back to do the visor strip. I told him it was free from having me do the job . he didn't care I didnt go back today

he said since I told him it was free he wanted didnt want to back down on it. but then told me if I can't do it I should not have charged him full price

I guess im stuppid I don't know how to take free no cost item off the total of the sale. to me 0 - 0 = 0

so I wounder if he's going to cancell the credit card transaction and sue me over a free visor strip

Guest Sarah
tuesday customer calls about tinting his toyota van I told him could not get there untile the next day and it would cost this much and I give the visor strip is free for haven me do the tint job . yesterday I did customers toyota sienna van at there home when I was done I told the wife that I could not do the free visor strip on the windsheild cause I did have the right size tool to remove the rearview mirror she said ok everthing was great. ran her credit card and gave her a warranty paper cleaned up my mess and I leave she leave with her kids same time .

about 10 minutes later her husband calls chewing my ass out cause I didn't put the visor strip on and tells me if I dont install the the film on the windsheild he was going to sue and call his bank and cancell the credit card transaction . I said that the wife was okay with it not being done she had no problems. he told me that his wife could not make those decision cause he made the verbal contract with me . I need to okay it with him . he said all kinds of f-up stuff but his biggest concern was when I was comming back to do the visor strip. I told him it was free from having me do the job . he didn't care I didnt go back today

he said since I told him it was free he wanted didnt want to back down on it. but then told me if I can't do it I should not have charged him full price

I guess im stuppid I don't know how to take free no cost item off the total of the sale. to me 0 - 0 = 0

so I wounder if he's going to cancell the credit card transaction and sue me over a free visor strip

thats f-up'd I cant beleive he is acting that way...I would go back do the strip and if he tries for anything else I would say sorry I will not do anything more with you....you are not very business like and I will not be subjected to you mouth and the bull shiat comeing from it...have a nice day.....plus now that he used that language I would make him pay for the strip...if he cancels the payment then you take him to court for now more than the price it was b/c he wanted to act like a jack a**. now time it took to get there goes into a factor and everything else you can think of to make it higher....we will say for example was 250.00 now is 1500.00 for time and travel and bullsh** he caused...doubt he would want to go to court for that much and you would prob win.....god people can be A**holes ....

Guest mcpcola

I can totally understand his issue about full price but not throwing a fit about it. If you tell someone you are going to do something and then don't thats your fault wether its a freebie or not its part of the package deal. Now with that said I think say 10 bucks off or so would have prevented this.

Guest Thetintcenter

I can totally understand his issue about full price but not throwing a fit about it. If you tell someone you are going to do something and then don't thats your fault wether its a freebie or not its part of the package deal. Now with that said I think say 10 bucks off or so would have prevented this.

:thumb

Guest ZergRush

We have 8 cameras at our shop, that record 24/7. When a customer claims something was damaged, I gladly offer to review the video with them.

I have paid very little for auto damage as a result.

I had done a guy 2006 car and he emailed me the picture to say I scratched his car . By the picture it looked like deep scratches and wide see below. So when he came in the scratch turned out to be less than 1/2 " big , he must have had a zoom lens or some thing because it looks huge in the picture.

Any way I was in a good mood after a relaxing week end so I said I would send it to the body shop to get it buffed out even though I dont think we scratched it . So he calls back to day to say that he went to a detailing shop yesterday and he got it buffed out and he brings me a generic bill and it cost $50 to get the scratch out. I try to help customers out when I can since we have a good reputation but when I get hussled like this it make me suspicious of the next customer complaint . I just love dealing with the public :lol2

I said it many time and I ll say it till I die...I am not paying for something I know I didnt do. F*ck YOU, have a nice day.

im with you snappy, if I know it didnt happen in my bay...you get nothing.......

Archived