dry shrinking

You're gonna love it! Soon you'll be saying "Why didn't I try this a long time ago?" :beer

yea exactly what I was thinking. I guess you always use what works. but the amount of film I wasted cause I creased it is ridiculous. I remember shrinking the back glass of a car and almost being done and BAM a crease. well there went 4 feet of film, and another and another. I would have solved that problem just by learning to dry shrink. oh well you live and learn. one of the guys in the shop walked by me and goes WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DRY SHRINKING AGAIN? and walk away laughing. now my back glass's look better and take less time to install. now im not fighting the little crap I use to fight.

well it was kind of a slow day and I had a 4 door malibu come in so I thought what the hell im never gonna learn dry shrinking if I never try it. plus I figured if it didnt pan out for me I could still salvage my screw by finishing it wet. so I tried the mdog way and to my surprise it went pretty good. yea yea I know its not that hard of a window, but I just wanted to see what it was like. it shrinks a little different or maybe it was just me. im use to seeing fingers and parts of the film laying on the window. this way the film kind of hovered over the glass until you hit it with the card. looking forward to my next car so I can try it some more. thanks mdog.

Some folks use a glove as opposed to a hard card. You just use a cotton glove to keep from burning your hand and the the glove will slide over the film easily. Just push it down and smooth it out and you can still use the hard card if you wish

Guest shaver

I didn't know there was another way to get the back window shrunk and make it work. I use the glove method as said before. Dryer sheets and soapy water are the way to go.

Archived