Mustang project nearly done

I just got my car on the road after being apart for a year. Its been a long ride, yanked the engine did the build with my dad before I moved as my one last hurrah with him. Moved to California and left the car behind, I literally moved here the day after starting the car.. never got to drive it. Got her here, had brake issues and al sorts of things to work out. Finally getting past the major issues and she can be driven now. I finally feel like I am home with my car running and driving. She is loud and fast, keeping it on Michigan tags no smog etc..

Here she is on Coast Highway a block from my place, all the car guys take pics here and I've wanted to since the day I arrived. I'll upload a video later on tonight.

june002.jpg

june001.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikeMN

Looks good and sounds healthy, I may take my T/A out today if it clears up I have only driven it 500 miles in the last 15 years I have had it since 1985 have done lots to it since then, I like the rims you have they look good on the car. :bingo

Nice ride! :beer Them straight pipe's sound HOT! :thumb

Its got Long tube headers, off road H pipe (No cats) and flowmaster american thunder mufflers. It barks at high RPMS!

Looks good and sounds healthy, I may take my T/A out today if it clears up I have only driven it 500 miles in the last 15 years I have had it since 1985 have done lots to it since then, I like the rims you have they look good on the car. :beer

500 miles in 15 years! Thats such a shame, bubble cars need to be driven show it some love. Its like staying in bed for 15 years your body would be hurting like woah!

Nice, what kinda motor work is done?

Its the stock long block, GT40P heads from a ford explorer ported and polished with larger valves installed, upper and lower intake from a Explorer GT40 style again, underdrive pullies, no smog, no ac, above mentioned exhaust, larger throttle body, completley stock looking engine other than the headers. Also has major suspesion work, large disc brake upgrades all around, 3.73 gears, alum driveshaft, bigger fuel pump, and god knows what else.. I think the starter is about the only stock part left on this thing! :beer

My office is next to Primedia and I'm trying to sweet talk the guys into giving me a run on their chassis dyno they use for tech articles.

Guest mikeMN

Nice pics looks good, I have had many cars over the years I did drive the sh!t out of it for the first 4 years after that I started working on it over the years.I do drive it a few times a year as I do like to drive it also I have a 1988 trans am GTA that I bought a few years ago also.I plan on driving it more. It has been the best car I have owned and my favorite one to drive.I will never sell it. You should do a vid of a burn out at the track of course.

Archived