DAYUM it's Hot!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know of an A/C Company that can check out my Home A/C ?

Our old gave out, prior to giving up, it would keep the house at 74 and cycle even on the hottest days.

With the new unit, the best we see during the day is 80 in the house, and it runs nearly 24/7

The place that installed it has been out a few times after installing and said nothing wrong with it, would like a 2nd opinion.

Anyone know of an A/C Company that can check out my Home A/C ?

Our old gave out, prior to giving up, it would keep the house at 74 and cycle even on the hottest days.

With the new unit, the best we see during the day is 80 in the house, and it runs nearly 24/7

The place that installed it has been out a few times after installing and said nothing wrong with it, would like a 2nd opinion.

Dont run it 24/7....it will freeze the coil. Put it on auto 78 and always change your filter.....twice a month if your pushing it that hard.

:fart

The old outside unit was 4 ton, the inside is 3 ton.

The low pressure line would freeze up along with the coils, but would almost spit ice cubes, and cycle the way it should.

The A/C Tech decided to match up 3 ton outside with the 3 ton inside, low pressure line and coils no longer freeze up, but not seeing any better than 80 in here and it is just not livable !

Cleaned the coils inside till they are nearly as clean as new, have kept the filter changed, and STILL too warm in here !

Doesn't drop below 78 until after midnight.

That is why I am looking for Res film, cut down on the heat from the West facing windows. I have zero exp in flat glass, but see this as a chance for some exposure to it.

Archived