Do you get these emails as well?

This is what I got in my inbox today. I have had a couple of these and although I have responded in all cases, I am wary. I smell :thumb .

"I will like to do the tinting of my new residence , also I will like to know an average cost to get this done for a 5 bedroon duplex,I will prefere the

DaylightNatural film because it is one of the most popular flat glass films on the market today. Designed for both residential and commercial applications I will need a neutral grey color

shades. DN60 OR DN50

also let me know if you accept credit cards so we can proceed , also there are a total of 20 windows in the house . I await your response

thanks"

I think KEY WORD is this:

also let me know if you accept credit cards so we can proceed

As I receive such e-mails weekly - people want to buy "20-40 container of Your product".

My first question is always "Do You know WHICH product?"

IMHO - this is way how to cheat....

Did they give you a phone number? Run the IP, I bet it's from the film company. :thumb

No phone number of course. Can't track IP if sent in gmail.....

Anyone been burned by these?

Yes you can find the IP in gmail...

Next to the reply button to the upper right is a little down arrow, hit that and then select "Show original", it will give you the full header.

Guest Sunlimited

That just looks shady, I'd steer clear of any of that mess. Like Leo said, I had a guy call me big sales pitch of buying bulk from me for ppf, and sending it to trinidad blah blah blah. When it came time for some $$$ it was on a big hold, oh I'll pay you when the guys pay me dah dah dah...Long story short I told him :thumb up a tree....

Guest scottydosnntkno

even though I'd say its 95% a scam because of the wording and such, its interesting that they specifically ask for a certain "product"

Guest teamfutaba
This is what I got in my inbox today. I have had a couple of these and although I have responded in all cases, I am wary. I smell :rollin .

"I will like to do the tinting of my new residence , also I will like to know an average cost to get this done for a 5 bedroon duplex,I will prefere the

DaylightNatural film because it is one of the most popular flat glass films on the market today. Designed for both residential and commercial applications I will need a neutral grey color

shades. DN60 OR DN50

also let me know if you accept credit cards so we can proceed , also there are a total of 20 windows in the house . I await your response

thanks"

did it look like this one...

how many 20x24" windows do you have. also, what's the address to the job.

ALL GLASS TINTING

10550 BISCAYNE BLVD

N MIAMI FL 33138

305-899-TINT (8468)

ALLGLASSTINTING.COM

3M authorized dealer

Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 8:25 PM

To: askus@allglasstinting.com

Subject: Re: DaylightNatural

thanks for the message I will appreciate you do the work for me , below is the dimesions for the window in the house they are 20 in number , please give a rough estimate so I can proceed to deposit , I am not available at the moment but I have some one to help supervise the job but needs to get paid , all instructions will be given to you so you can charge your payments along side that for the supervisor to get started Minimum width of opening: 20 in.

• Minimum height of opening: 24 in.

• Minimum net clear opening: 5.7 sq. ft. (5.0 sq. ft. for ground floor).

• Maximum sill height above floor: 44 in. precisely PANES 20X24thanks Carlo rossi

On 6/24/09, askus@allglasstinting.com <askus@allglasstinting.com> wrote:

do you want to buy the film to do it your self, or do you want it installed....

ALL GLASS TINTING

10550 BISCAYNE BLVD

N MIAMI FL 33138

305-899-TINT (8468)

3M
authorized dealer

From
: "carlo rossi" <
>

Sent
: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:29 PM

To
:

Subject
: DaylightNatural

I will like to do the tinting of my new residence , also I will like to know an average cost to get this done for a 5 bedroon duplex,I will prefere the

shades. DN60 OR DN50

thanks

Carlo Rossi

Archived