BMW X5 4.4i

Guest nwflboy

Guest nwflboy

First off, does anyone know/heard of any bulletins concerning the windows of the X5? Well, I had something happen today that I've never had happen in all my years of tinting...while squeeging the hatch of a '04 X5 the window blew up in my face (fortunately, I wear glasses or I may have been seriously injured). No extreme temperature changes, no excessive force was used - just routinely pushing out fingers with a paper towel around my gold 3m card to dry up a little water & spread out the fingers and "BOOM"! 1 1/2 ft 3 " wide of the opposite side of the rear window blew out in my face. I had removed the rear wiper to prevent any such event (as I usually do). It'll sure shake you up! Not sure what to say about it other than thank God for my glasses. Glass company said it must've been made with a defect, hadn't talked to BMW dealer yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Thanks!

Guest Guest
First off, does anyone know/heard of any bulletins concerning the windows of the X5? Well, I had something happen today that I've never had happen in all my years of tinting...while squeeging the hatch of a '04 X5 the window blew up in my face (fortunately, I wear glasses or I may have been seriously injured). No extreme temperature changes, no excessive force was used - just routinely pushing out fingers with a paper towel around my gold 3m card to dry up a little water & spread out the fingers and "BOOM"! 1 1/2 ft  3 " wide of the opposite side of the rear window blew out in my face. I had removed the rear wiper to prevent any such event (as I usually do). It'll sure shake you up! Not sure what to say about it other than thank God for my glasses. Glass company said it must've been made with a defect, hadn't talked to BMW dealer yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Thanks!

[*]89369

I had the back window of my 2004 Lincoln Aviator blow out today. Car was sitting in my driveway. Noone around. Dealer says it will be an insurance claim, not warranty.

ive done a few x5's and never had a problem with any of them. the only car that did give me a problem was a renault clio ( small car u uys dont get in states ) but it was my own fault, I cleaned glass, cut film, applied film, finger forms on b-pillar side and I heat it....it creases.....take off and do again...same shiaaaaaaate wtf!! clean it again but I think I just heated and sprayed it too many times and guess wot?..BOOOOOOM!! DAAAAAM lucky guy had windscreen xs which I deducted off final price but he rings today and says he scratched the tint and its the same window!! ooh and the other reason it probably shattered was it was pilkington glass....for some reason it was much thinner than the factory glass so maybe the X5 you did may have had an inferior glass replaced at one point :beer

Archived