2010 ford Escape.

Guest youngazntinter

Guest youngazntinter

has anyone here done the new ford escape yet??? or older ones are fine too..

I'm having little trouble with the back glass of it.. its got so much of crap on the window..like latches, wipers, dampers and all...

any tips or how to get everything off??

I looked in the auto sections and couldn't find it.

Guest scottydosnntkno

I'm having little trouble with the back glass of it.. its got so much of crap on the window..like latches, wipers, dampers and all...

the new ones are a LOT easier than the old ones. The 07's and up don't have any buttons in the way of the glass or anything like that last time I rememered dunno.gif I don't see anything in pictures as to why the '10 would be different. It might have all that crap on it, but its not in the way :lol

Guest thatsnappyguy

yea that new ones are a walk in the park compared to the older models. if it is the year model that you are refering too, its not that hard. there should be nothing in your way except maybe the wiper motor...which all I do it cut really really close to the edge of the dots to where you can slide the tint behind that motor. the motor itself will block any gaps of lights that you may have from cutting the film too short...just try to get it close as possible. I sometimes remove the motor to get it prefectly in there, but only on a platinum job where every little thing can be seen.

the new ones are a LOT easier than the old ones. The 07's and up don't have any buttons in the way of the glass or anything like that last time I rememered :beer I don't see anything in pictures as to why the '10 would be different. It might have all that crap on it, but its not in the way :beer

The new body style is 08 and up. I have an 07 Birth Control and its the first gen. New models are cake compared to the 1st. I wont do them unless they pay the premium to remove the glass (on the 1st gen).

Its compareable to a Pathfinder back glass. The newest models are easier, even though they are still a pain, but not as bad as the old ones.

Guest scottydosnntkno

the new ones are a LOT easier than the old ones. The 07's and up don't have any buttons in the way of the glass or anything like that last time I rememered :beer I don't see anything in pictures as to why the '10 would be different. It might have all that crap on it, but its not in the way :beer

The new body style is 08 and up. I have an 07 Birth Control and its the first gen. New models are cake compared to the 1st. I wont do them unless they pay the premium to remove the glass (on the 1st gen).

Its compareable to a Pathfinder back glass. The newest models are easier, even though they are still a pain, but not as bad as the old ones.

I wasn't sure if it was 07 or 08. Kind of like chevy with the new trucks, there was an 07 "classic" and the new style 07s :dunno

You must have ComputerCut because ours only cuts out for one defrost tab also. I like these new escapes. Theyre a walk in the park compared to the older ones.

I have computercut and it cuts out for both of these. :lol2

Escapes are a piece of cake in 2010. Love doin' them now.

Guest fredstinting

I take off the gas shocks and then cut the film to fit around the window hinges and shrink the film once that is done

use a prop to hold up the window just long enough to slide film in place and then I put the gas shocks back in place to hold up the window to squeegee the film and then once done I heat up around where the gas shocks mount so when I reinstall them it doesn't twist the film but make sure you cut out the hole before you install the film

someday I will do video on this type of install so you new installers can learn how easy it is to lay out and install

Archived