2010 ford Escape.

Guest youngazntinter

Guest scottydosnntkno
I take off the gas shocks and then cut the film to fit around the window hinges and shrink the film once that is done

use a prop to hold up the window just long enough to slide film in place and then I put the gas shocks back in place to hold up the window to squeegee the film and then once done I heat up around where the gas shocks mount so when I reinstall them it doesn't twist the film but make sure you cut out the hole before you install the film

someday I will do video on this type of install so you new installers can learn how easy it is to lay out and install

:coffee '10's don't need any of that.

Just shrink lick n stick :thumb

if you dont have a plotter cuting out the BG can be a little tricky. the hingers are in the way of making a good cut and the wiper needs to be removed as well. leave the glass closed when removing the t30 bolts from the hinges so the windows styas in place. its a piece of cake after that.

Guest fredstinting

i done many of these escaps i take off the gass struts to make it easyier then i cut around the top hinges and then shrink the film never haveing to remove the wiper . once i have preped the window and installed the film i cut out the holes where the gas strutes mounts and heat them up to keep them from twisting while reinstalling the gas strutes back on to the glass .

i bought a telescoping prop rod from snap on tool for 30.00 to hold up the back glass and the end of it has rubber tip so it stays in place .It's deisinged for holding up hoods and hatches and hatch glass nicely .

Archived