Summer = very busy (at least it is supposed to be)

Guest tintcity

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintcity

I am perplexed! How in the hell are the majority of businesses in the north doing so much better than some of us here in the sunshine state?Even factoring in the damn economy,it has me scratching my head in almost disbelief.For the last 4 to 5 weeks it has been on a average of 95 to 98 degrees here in central Florida.Speaking for myself,since I became a part of this industry I could bank on 5-6 cars a day 6 days a week from May to October.Make enough $ to roll myself through the winter months.For Christs sake,people still get hot right? Hell,I'm getting hot right now just writing about this crap and I'm in my damn office with my a/c on.

I am perplexed! How in the hell are the majority of businesses in the north doing so much better than some of us here in the sunshine state?Even factoring in the damn economy,it has me scratching my head in almost disbelief.For the last 4 to 5 weeks it has been on a average of 95 to 98 degrees here in central Florida.Speaking for myself,since I became a part of this industry I could bank on 5-6 cars a day 6 days a week from May to October.Make enough $ to roll myself through the winter months.For Christs sake,people still get hot right? Hell,I'm getting hot right now just writing about this crap and I'm in my damn office with my a/c on.

I think we are screwed in florida for a couple of more years. The main industry down here is tourism and people moving to the sunshine state with there cash. So until they build up some wealth up north they wont start spending down here .

Guest tintcity

Oh,and another thing as long as I'm bitchin about the lack of business.What kills me is when a custy makes an appt. they call and say they cant do it,say they need to reschedule and never do,or just flat out are a no show.Which of as lately I have had more than my share.There! I feel so much better now.

Guest mcpcola

I am just wondering what you consider lack of business? On average how many are you doing a day right now? I am not full time on this yet but I am see pretty positive numbers of people wanting work same or next day.

Guest tintcity
I am just wondering what you consider lack of business? On average how many are you doing a day right now? I am not full time on this yet but I am see pretty positive numbers of people wanting work same or next day.

What I consider lack of business is 2 cars and maybe a driver/pass/w/strip per day and 100/200 sq.ft of flat glass per week.Compared to being booked 1 week out with 5/6 cars a day and 750/1000 sq.ft. of flat glass per week.That is a huge difference when you run the numbers. I sub all the flat glass out except occasionally I will go hang a couple of sliding glass doors or something similar that only requires a hour or 2.I have been in this biz for quite some time as you can see from my profile and this season does not begin to compare to any of the previous.Business overhead is key in factoring in this subject for this thread.But what do I know?I'm just a window tinter. Ha!

Here in Gainesville, it's also the slowest I've ever seen....I'll get a brief spurt and get all excited, then it drops off again....I've never had a day in the summer where I did absolutely nothing, maybe in the winter, sure, but in the summer? I've had three frickin' days this summer where I did nothing!! It's crazy!! And, of course, two new "shops" have opened up around me making things soo much better.....

Archived