which blade for plotter?

What blades do you prefer for your plotters? We have an old Roland cm-400. We just ordered new blades and they are a lot bigger than we originally had. They are 45 degree premium carbide blades. I heard 60 degree is better? I don't know about these things. This blade sucks though. Anyone have some suggestons?

Thanks

60 degree is for thicker material ie. reflective vinyl. how do you mean "bigger"? I have found that the japanese blades are smaller than the american ones....and, no offense to anyone, but I like the japanese ones better.

60 degree is for thicker material ie. reflective vinyl. how do you mean "bigger"? I have found that the japanese blades are smaller than the american ones....and, no offense to anyone, but I like the japanese ones better.

:dunno 30 is suppose to be the best for 2 mil, and 60 for metal films and refl. ect. I use 45 for everything and have a refl. one I change out when I cut it. Works for me.

ok cool the ones we got were 45 degree and by bigger I mean the diameter was larger and the point on the blade looked wider. I guess overall diameter is what you could say. We went back to an older blade and it is cutting great. Couldn't get the new ones dialed in

Archived