Tint Becoming Scapegoat For Tickets

Guest Old Dude

Guest ZergRush

I can't say I really blame the cops for enforcing the law, though I wish they would go after HOV lane cheaters more...

I have always thought that someone should challenge the meters, however. They measure VT only at 550 nanometers, which is the wavelength of the LED in that thing. So the true physical value of a film might be 42%, but the meter could read 38%...

If someone really got motivated they could probably mount a good "doubt" campaign.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't say I really blame the cops for enforcing the law, though I wish they would go after HOV lane cheaters more...

I have always thought that someone should challenge the meters, however. They measure VT only at 550 nanometers, which is the wavelength of the LED in that thing. So the true physical value of a film might be 42%, but the meter could read 38%...

If someone really got motivated they could probably mount a good "doubt" campaign.

That's why they're suppose to give you a 3% variable..... It's not up to the cop to give you the variable, the meters require it (+ or - 3%)

Well around here it just depends on the LEO some are pita and some are cool. My dad is a ECSO and he just went to a local shop who will remain nameless and got 20 front !llegal and dual layer 20 rear. He just could not wait for me to get around to it. But that way past the local limits.

your dad went to another tint shop...wow...I am sorry that just messed me up....

here in Ala. where I live they have been cracking down ALOT! (more business for me :lol ) They will give you the ticket but its just like a fix-it ticket. They give you 72 hours to rip it off and then they rip your ticket up. I know of people that have gotten 6+ window tickets and he will just put it right back on once he rips it off. I don't really get why they are cracking down here when the PD is not getting any real commission from the tickets. I guess its just the point. :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
here in Ala. where I live they have been cracking down ALOT! (more business for me :lol ) They will give you the ticket but its just like a fix-it ticket. They give you 72 hours to rip it off and then they rip your ticket up. I know of people that have gotten 6+ window tickets and he will just put it right back on once he rips it off. I don't really get why they are cracking down here when the PD is not getting any real commission from the tickets. I guess its just the point. :lol

its the same way up here in michigan. 99% of the time the cops give you the fix it ticket, but they recently changed it where you can either fix it, or pay $125 and not have to take it off. Seems kind of stupid, because I don't know any shop that gets more than that for r/r on two fronts :lol2

I just got done fighting a ticket I had thrown out not too long ago, because if the officer wanted before they could write you a 2 pt $125 "obstructed vision" ticket. The officer claimed that having 20% on my doors and 50% on the windshield even with my script was "excessive" in his eyes and not needed. However, of course his tahoe had 20 on the doors and 35 on the whole windshield(How do I know? I TINTED IT MYSELF :lol , it was one of the semi-undercover units only marked on one side with matte grey paint, sick as hell). Even after I tried to reason with him, he still gave me the ticket. SO when I researched it and went to court, the judge threw it out because if you read our vehicle code, it lists under obstructed vision ("tinted windows see code violation 3400") at the bottom, and if you "see code 3400" its the fix it ticket for tint. So I had a good laugh when the judge told the officer he needs to relearn his codes before he writes any more tickets as it was wasting this young gentlemens time :lol2

here in Ala. where I live they have been cracking down ALOT! (more business for me :cool ) They will give you the ticket but its just like a fix-it ticket. They give you 72 hours to rip it off and then they rip your ticket up. I know of people that have gotten 6+ window tickets and he will just put it right back on once he rips it off. I don't really get why they are cracking down here when the PD is not getting any real commission from the tickets. I guess its just the point. :lol

its the same way up here in michigan. 99% of the time the cops give you the fix it ticket, but they recently changed it where you can either fix it, or pay $125 and not have to take it off. Seems kind of stupid, because I don't know any shop that gets more than that for r/r on two fronts :twocents

I just got done fighting a ticket I had thrown out not too long ago, because if the officer wanted before they could write you a 2 pt $125 "obstructed vision" ticket. The officer claimed that having 20% on my doors and 50% on the windshield even with my script was "excessive" in his eyes and not needed. However, of course his tahoe had 20 on the doors and 35 on the whole windshield(How do I know? I TINTED IT MYSELF :beer , it was one of the semi-undercover units only marked on one side with matte grey paint, sick as hell). Even after I tried to reason with him, he still gave me the ticket. SO when I researched it and went to court, the judge threw it out because if you read our vehicle code, it lists under obstructed vision ("tinted windows see code violation 3400") at the bottom, and if you "see code 3400" its the fix it ticket for tint. So I had a good laugh when the judge told the officer he needs to relearn his codes before he writes any more tickets as it was wasting this young gentlemens time :beer

HAHA thats great!!! I've tinted the windows at my local police station here recently. Somehow somebody gave the chief of police my cell#. I was like WTF when he called lol Now I actually rent my shop from a cop in town. Hopefully they won't hassel me anymore. I would really love to tint all of their police cars so I have something to throw in their face when they're giving me my tint ticket :lol

Archived