Tint Becoming Scapegoat For Tickets

Guest Old Dude

Guest Old Dude

What up dudes? Got pulled over Memorial Day weekend for my 6" 40% strip on my w/s. Cop; "It's in violation of Ga. State law to have a visor below 6 inches". Me; "Yeah I know, so why you pullin' me over"? Cop; "Because yours exceeds that limit". Me; "Gotta tape measure to be sure". No he didn't, he said he knows what legal looks like then told me to roll up my frnt. drivers up so he could meter it. Checked out 35% or so he says (Trust me it meters at 40). But since I was wearing my seatbelt I was only going to be fined 15.00 (payable in cash or money order only). Said what the he77 and paid it a day later. Since then I have noticed this same cop having people pulled over several times and noticed everyone has tint. By the way, when he pulled me over his meter looked brand new so I guess my very small little town has decided to make money on tint since it has a major rd. that runs through it.

Every shop around here has always installed 35% and it was always the norm but now I feel the times a changin' and I'm gonna start ordering 40. Yeah I know 35% on top of factory 70% is this and that. I haven't had a customer come to me for being cited since I've been tinting over the last 10 yrs. but since tint is becoming the goat in this economy gone wrong farm town I'm gonna lighten it up a little more. The other shops haven't done this so I guess I'll lose some more bus. but I can see all of this getting worse around here. Why my profession? Oh well, I could pi** and moan all year about it but what's the use? Next they'll outlaw it completely and do us in. I'm sure a lot of you already know this. But thanks for listening anyway :thumb

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mcpcola

Well around here it just depends on the LEO some are pita and some are cool. My dad is a ECSO and he just went to a local shop who will remain nameless and got 20 front !llegal and dual layer 20 rear. He just could not wait for me to get around to it. But that way past the local limits.

Guest mcpcola

They are motocops what else do they have to do. Here they do speed traps and parades only.

BTW my dad has roughly 30 years on the force and he had no idea what the legal limits were. The FL HWY Patrol are the only ones around here that give two craps.

Archived