How do you strip a BG???

any specific kind of steamer you would reccomend?

Jiffy Steamer with the straight end attachment...

M_4201_j1441.jpg

consider it bought! lol

It seems like you and sunlimited answer all my posts...gonna have to add you mofo's as friends :lol haha that sounds way too :twocents lmao

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest acetinter

I have a jiffy and its awsome. But nothing works as well a baggin. In my area there is a lot of old sun guard film to remove. It has the really sticky gummy glue and the steamer leaves the glue behind. One day I forgot my steamer and had to sweat the film instead, and the all the glue came off with the film. I also bag the real bubbles ones too

Guest GreenCove

speaking of removing old film...I had to remove some old mmm panther black, I mean purple the other day. it brought back memorys, that stuff is a nightmare to take off..stinks like azz too....it would look great for about 6 months then it would be purple as heck bubbles everywhere mad R&R's. I do not miss that stuff! I remember doing the same b glass 3 times within a year and a half with that film because of it exploding with bubbles!

Guest fredstinting

I used my soap and water spray and a 6 inch scraper . I start out by spraying soap soulition on my back glass and begin scraping the tint off and when I get to the bottom of the window I pull my olfa knife out and use it to remove the bottom egde . and anytime I have a spot no wanting to come off I heat it up with the heat gun. once films off I use a sos pad to remove the glue. but with the film I use it could be on a car 1 day or 6 years it comes off as if I just installed it that day and leaves no glue behind on window if you pull it slow soltek window film.

I did remove a complete car that had soltek film on the car for 4 years the people didnt want the film on the car any more

it was 4 door and the back glass . I told the customer at least 2hours but in about 20 minutes I was done with know glue spots on the windows . it was the crazy to be able to remove the film that fast. that the beauty of soltek .

I find that no chemicals or expensive equipment had to be used to remove the film off of any car.

Guest Sunlimited
spraying soap soulition on my back glass and begin scraping the tint off ....

:cool ..... what about defroster lines?

They were already damaged :lol2

Bagging pretty much works for me, maybe 2 or 3 a year that don't. .... I was at a shop somewhere and the guy was steaming a side window, the car was being totally retinted, but he was stuck on this window with his steamer. It was nasty purple, you'd have to "strong arm" scrape it off but dude was steaming it off and it was coming, glue and all, slowly. After a few minutes I offered to help. I began on the other side and had the rest of the doors stripped by the time he finished that 1 window. Yeah, it sucked, and I went through a few blades, but I guess I'm old school. I don't have time for a steamer. If you're worried about saving everyone's defrosters, I could see using one, me, I'm not. It always seems to be the POS's that get their defrosters scraped, oh well. I don't worry about it. :lol2

Bagging pretty much works for me, maybe 2 or 3 a year that don't. .... I was at a shop somewhere and the guy was steaming a side window, the car was being totally retinted, but he was stuck on this window with his steamer. It was nasty purple, you'd have to "strong arm" scrape it off but dude was steaming it off and it was coming, glue and all, slowly. After a few minutes I offered to help. I began on the other side and had the rest of the doors stripped by the time he finished that 1 window. Yeah, it sucked, and I went through a few blades, but I guess I'm old school. I don't have time for a steamer. If you're worried about saving everyone's defrosters, I could see using one, me, I'm not. It always seems to be the POS's that get their defrosters scraped, oh well. I don't worry about it. :cool

:lol2 The only reason Im going to buy a steamer is for the back glass. The front like you said are so much easier to peel off then razor.

I had an old eclipse about 3 days ago that needed R&R. Luckily his defroster was f'ed up. So I took a razor blade to his window. 2 1/2 hrs later I was finished. I underquoted that job like a mofo. Next time Ill charge about $1000 so I wont have to ever do it again. haha jk

Archived