snapping a rear glass off the car

I am a very high volume shop as well, 8 to 15 average everyday. And i use Llumar as well So before you start talking crap you should get your facts right!

You should never have to remove a wing on a car period, have never and will never.

:bingo

oh we got offended LMAO well funny your saying LLumar, but you didnt say what type? if i was to guess the cheapest of lumar ATC, which is not ATR!

as far as wings, you havent been doing to the right car, would like see you fit your knife on a TSX WAGON 2011 (newest body and im sure it hasnt got out to the sticks for you to have tinted one yet? hahaha) but goes to show your exp. 11 years so since 2000 you live in a area where to population is low and you average 8-15 ...just saying! "not trying to hurt your feelings again" you should really shoot another video of a car on the list and not a p.o.s. kia?

I might not live a jax where the population is out the roof but I also dont have 30 shops in my town either! If you knew anything its not the population but the population to tint shop ratio! And yes i ues ATC, ATR, and CTX, Depends on what the customer wants, I give options! And As far as the TSX wagon, Ive done them, No need to put a nife on the back glass if you have a computer that cut out the tint, I dont know where you get these ideas! LMAO Why should i post a video of a mustang or any other easy car , An easy car is an easy car no matter how you look at it, and come on your first video was a malibu! If you want proof of how many cars i do you can just ask sonny, he knows!

I guess some people are just to blind or stupid to see whats right in front of them!!

so your heat under the wing ? im not making trying to make statements, but yes the questions are in statement form. im not trying to piss you off either. on the tsx how are you heating it then, on the inside as you lay it? im not gonna ask sonny about you nor am i trying to put you down. we are only a hour away from each other and been there plenty of times. either way you wanna look at it there is a thousand ways to tint a car and there is quicker ways! i see no proof in your video that it quicker and think you said you could do it way faster and 30 seconds is not way faster "JUST SAYING"

Well I guess nobody else sees how you way is faster, Your the only one! lol

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wanted to add the main reason i removed the wing "only on the first 2012 tsx i done" was to making the patterns of the wagon and send it off to garry at computercut " its a car that i now use this technique on, because of the wing being so close to and covering the top edge of the glass....

im also the only one using it and i realize there is more factors to it than what mine and your video show.... either way you said that you way was way faster and you proved in you video your not... im not gonna sit hear and debate with you either way this POS camery is not gonna tint its self...lol... chriken your ok in the book of tinters you helped me out and im not trying to offend you!!!! your more than welcome to come to jax and see the other factors involved unless its seen from start to finish i guess some just wont understand...these short clips are not the best example to use..

Guest scottydosnntkno

if its 30 seconds shorter on a 2 minute video, thats 25%, which I would consider "way" faster.

If your driving on a freeway with a speedlimit of 70, but you're going 87.5, I think that would be considered "way" faster

Guest sonny ogles
if its 30 seconds shorter on a 2 minute video, thats 25%, which I would consider "way" faster.

If your driving on a freeway with a speedlimit of 70, but you're going 87.5, I think that would be considered "way" faster

:spit

funny mine is shorter and thats what you are missing...the way check video is not the one to compare it to.. and that is what your doing scotty...there is also factor of the other cars on the road mr doesnt know! have fun guys picking how ever you want there is more than one video and the only one he is faster at is the wet check video!

nice job, always nice to see someone try something new. it is people like you that have helped evolve the industry from 4 and 5 piece back window with cut up floor and bondo squeegees to what it is today. i dont have a plotter and work off the car. i do snap my doors and overshrink to elimate fingers on install. its not for all films, have to have one with good elasticity.

15 or 20 years ago i worked with another tinter. he was putting limo over a suv that was already tinted without usuing a light. I asked how he could cut the patterns without seeing and he replied

" its the eye of the jew" yes he is jewish and proud of it. i practiced this new technique till i finally mastered it making installs much easier. watching you shrink a back window off the car made me think of this.

:blink: thanks guys! you both have really made my day... there is so many times where i use this, because sometimes a heat gun just wont fit in certain areas or its just not safe to heat around certain types of wings

Archived