snapping a rear glass off the car

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the purpose of snapping is to over shrink the film ????

good job though baby........Just wish I would have known that you were filming that way I could have stayed out the way......

and by the way so everyone knows I have already prepped and cleaned the glass for the install........

This technique is deffinately not for the newbie! I've been using this technique for over 8 years and have done over a couple thousand using this technique on side doors. This is the first rear glass on a car that I've done and worked like a charm. As I use it more it will become easier im sure. I will be trying a vw bug next...lmao j/k but would be funny to try...even if it didnt work it would make good for a laugh!

This was a chevy malibu and I had done a fusion right before this one. I believe it would of worked on the ford fusion even easier.....

You are right TD! "what if "

Well on the cars with less curve on the rear glass, this is the technique I will be using from here on out.

"You Never Know Where This Will Lead?"

I thought the purpose of snapping is to over shrink the film ????

good job though baby........Just wish I would have known that you were filming that way I could have stayed out the way......

and by the way so everyone knows I have already prepped and cleaned the glass for the install........

you got the right babe! over shrinking is snapping.....

Guest thatsnappyguy

theres only a handful of cars out there that this would truly work on to where it would be worth putting this into your routine. but I personally think a good dry shrink it the best way. your not going to attempt that on a vette or camry, but it is something worth showing off.

Archived