Deposit Policy?

This Week I have to tint 12 Motocoaches that are all longer than 40 feet. And well, I have to order about $700 worth of supplies because the owners want to use Johnson InsulatIR 50%. Its one of the most expensive films on the market at $--- per 100ft roll. I went ahead and fronted my own money. Do you think that I should have collected deposits or a percentage of what my estimate was going to be. What is your guys' policy?

This Week I have to tint 12 Motocoaches that are all longer than 40 feet. And well, I have to order about $700 worth of supplies because the owners want to use Johnson InsulatIR 50%. Its one of the most expensive films on the market at $--- per 100ft roll. I went ahead and fronted my own money. Do you think that I should have collected deposits or a percentage of what my estimate was going to be. What is your guys' policy?

yes if they specify a product that you don't usually carry. If it a film you stock I would say no unless they are booking several days of your time :lol

cheers

Guest scottydosnntkno

yes if they specify a product that you don't usually carry. If it a film you stock I would say no unless they are booking several days of your time :lol

cheers

I agree on part of it.

if its a special order than 50% deposit no questions asked. now depending on the price of the jobs I take a deposit on everything. like that boat it POTW, I took a deposit on it since it was so much money and I booked out an entire day. I would assume with your motor coaches it was similar, in that it will take at least a day.

I would have taken 50% up front

just got home, tinted all day and ate about 50$ worth of film for lunch. I had to do a 112"x50" one piece windshield in Johnson InsulatIR 50. One of the hardest things that ive ever done. After Taking my time and wasted materials into account, I think that I broke about even today :( tomorrow will be better because I am doing a 2 piece windshield and a ton of side windows in Johnson executive 35. Lots of work!

Guest scottydosnntkno
just got home, tinted all day and ate about 50$ worth of film for lunch. I had to do a 112"x50" one piece windshield in Johnson InsulatIR 50. One of the hardest things that ive ever done. After Taking my time and wasted materials into account, I think that I broke about even today :( tomorrow will be better because I am doing a 2 piece windshield and a ton of side windows in Johnson executive 35. Lots of work!

:lol2 you scrap $50 in film and you break even for the day? you need to charge a LOT more

Well, Im a mobile tinter and I had to do a 112"x50" Windshield and used insulatir 50.. Screwed up the first time and got it the second time. I charged 250 but taking my time and gas and materials into consideration I actually made like 75 but it wasnt worth it. But I am doing 11 more and now Im using Johnson Executive which is the same film with out the infrared protection and a lot cheaper. So I mill make out alot better on the next couple of jobs. This windshield had to be 2 pieced vertically in the center because I was working by myself. Customer was very happy and got me 3 more jobs where I will be doing the Whole RV. Lots of profit in the Full Rv tint. Windshield tint= waste of time. I also made sure that I told the customer that it was illegal. But used 50% and it turned out great. Might post some pics soon of the full RV in Executive.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Well, Im a mobile tinter and I had to do a 112"x50" Windshield and used insulatir 50.. Screwed up the first time and got it the second time. I charged 250 but taking my time and gas and materials into consideration I actually made like 75 but it wasnt worth it. But I am doing 11 more and now Im using Johnson Executive which is the same film with out the infrared protection and a lot cheaper. So I mill make out alot better on the next couple of jobs. This windshield had to be 2 pieced vertically in the center because I was working by myself. Customer was very happy and got me 3 more jobs where I will be doing the Whole RV. Lots of profit in the Full Rv tint. Windshield tint= waste of time. I also made sure that I told the customer that it was illegal. But used 50% and it turned out great. Might post some pics soon of the full RV in Executive.

I'm mobile too, and if you had to shrink that windshield at all than you way undercharged, especially with that film.

And the windshields arent a waste of time because its just like tinting a house, if you don't do the entire thing and leave even one window undone than you are negating a lot of the UV protection that is being brought on by the rest of the film. RV's are especially prone seeing as they sit outside 365 days a year rain or shine, and often times the big ones don't have covers since their too big, and it would cause more harm than good.

Window film is easy to sell to RV owners :embar

Yea, well the reason that I said windshields were a waste of time is because !llegal tinting on this forum is frowned upon. I actually got all these jobs because the owner of a 53' motor coach called up my distributer from Johnson and wanted to buy factory direct and then my distributer called me up and told me he had work for me! :embar

I just finished up number 3 and have made alot more money than I would with a car. :krazy I learned from my mistakes but I have to order another 100' box and im going to get 50% from every person that im doing work for because Its so expensive to do the work.. and also I made more money on RV 2 and 3. I really realized how much time and effort was in it. And yes. there was lots and lots of shrinking on these windshields. Like I said, Some of them are 2 pieced windshields and others are one. On the 1 pieced windshield.. I just decided that they were going to have to live with the line down the center of their RV windshield because I 2 pieced it. Turned out great and were very happy. What do you think is appropriate for like 4 hours worth of work, xx$ in materials and 30min of heat shrink?

Guest scottydosnntkno
Yea, well the reason that I said windshields were a waste of time is because !llegal tinting on this forum is frowned upon. I actually got all these jobs because the owner of a 53' motor coach called up my distributer from Johnson and wanted to buy factory direct and then my distributer called me up and told me he had work for me! :embar

I just finished up number 3 and have made alot more money than I would with a car. :embar I learned from my mistakes but I have to order another 100' box and im going to get 50% from every person that im doing work for because Its so expensive to do the work.. and also I made more money on RV 2 and 3. I really realized how much time and effort was in it. And yes. there was lots and lots of shrinking on these windshields. Like I said, Some of them are 2 pieced windshields and others are one. On the 1 pieced windshield.. I just decided that they were going to have to live with the line down the center of their RV windshield because I 2 pieced it. Turned out great and were very happy. What do you think is appropriate for like 4 hours worth of work, xx$ in materials and 30min of heat shrink?

so I take it it took you 4 hours for just that windshield, since using $xx of insulatIR thats about all you could do? factoring all that in I'd say 5 bills plus easy :krazy

and how is it a one piece windshield, but really two pieced? or is it one piece of glass that YOU two pieced with the film :embar

and when it comes to the windshields, I don't think its the same as a car on here. Most 53 footers aren't classified as cars( :beer ) so they go by different rules. Plus, I don't think someone is going to get upset over someone doing the windshield on their $800k plus coach(assuming we're talking about class A, since its a 53'er)

Archived