film for tinting tail lights

if you paint them how will you remove it easily when you get tired of it? :bingo

NOT

We use Laminx and xpel films. Clear and colors. we cut em in DAP 7.0. XPEL is starting to make rear light kit too. www.clearshieldprotection.com

J

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that is an excellent point... and cheaper as well.. right?

That stuff does work well, but work in very light coats. It runs very easily, so try 3-5 light coats instead of a couple of heavy ones. You will be much happier with the results.

Actually, we did it that way for a while and found out that it wasn't the right way to do it. The lights were comming out very flat looking. You need to do one coat, to the darkness you want. Then it will dry glossy and look really good. The problem with multiple coats is that every coat causes the lights to look more dull and flat looking. The directions on the can tell you to do one coat to desired darkness... Trust me we have do a lot of tailights. VHT...

if you paint them how will you remove it easily when you get tired of it? :bingo

Laquer thinner...

if you paint them how will you remove it easily when you get tired of it? :lol2

NOT

We use Laminx and xpel films. Clear and colors. we cut em in DAP 7.0. XPEL is starting to make rear light kit too. www.clearshieldprotection.com

J

oh yea great, let the secret out :lol2:lol

Guest youngazntinter

I would not use the Nightshade spray thingy....

I sprayed 3 light coats and 3 light coats of clear coat...and tail light itself isn't dark,,,, nor shiney,,

and the light oupput is horrible....

I switched the bulb to LED and still not bright enough during the day time...

I'd go wit film. 100%

I know it looks "cool" or whatever, but why in the world would you want to darken your brake lights? Do you think that if you get rear ended that your victim wouldn't sue your azz off because you darkened your brake lights? I would.

I know its an old post, I have used the paint, you put 3 coats on it, then you wet sand it, 1000 1500 2000 then use a polish looks brand new and depending on how much you sand, is how dark they come out. I like to do them so they are a "dark cherry" where people ask is that stock or not?

Archived